Back of USB port connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-TTriXteR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm looking to find out what are the connections on the back of the USB hub that goes into your center console it has three connection points but the truck only gives out two cables. I had recently put Android auto and apple carplay in my truck but I realized once getting the new USB hub that there was only one USB connection and one auxiliary port. As I put a USB flash drive in there to listen to music I realize I could not use the Android auto or the Apple carplay. So what I did is I bought a wireless adapter to do the Apple carplay and Android auto so that way I can take away the cable but that still didn't solve the problem as it made it wireless but it needed a USB connection to work. But I noticed on the back of the USB there is one port left exposed so I'm wondering if that able to take another USB cable if so would it be able to read a USB flash drive and I can leave my USB wireless adapter in the other port.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230124-232144.png
    Screenshot_20230124-232144.png
    295.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230124-232133.png
    Screenshot_20230124-232133.png
    246.9 KB · Views: 17

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm looking to find out what are the connections on the back of the USB hub that goes into your center console it has three connection points but the truck only gives out two cables. I had recently put Android auto and apple carplay in my truck but I realized once getting the new USB hub that there was only one USB connection and one auxiliary port. As I put a USB flash drive in there to listen to music I realize I could not use the Android auto or the Apple carplay. So what I did is I bought a wireless adapter to do the Apple carplay and Android auto so that way I can take away the cable but that still didn't solve the problem as it made it wireless but it needed a USB connection to work. But I noticed on the back of the USB there is one port left exposed so I'm wondering if that able to take another USB cable if so would it be able to read a USB flash drive and I can leave my USB wireless adapter in the other port.
It needs to be a compatible USB hub for AA and CP.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
So what I did is I bought a wireless adapter to do the Apple carplay and Android auto so that way I can take away the cable but that still didn't solve the problem as it made it wireless but it needed a USB connection to work.
Sounds like you need the USB media hub (68283703AA) from a Chrysler 200 as it will work with the AA/CP radio and it has dual USB ports on the front.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
OP
OP
G

G-TTriXteR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This sounds great thank you but curious question in my truck I've had my wireless adapter plugged in I never unplugged it and the power turns off whenever the truck door opens and automatically turns back on when I start the truck so would it not continue the same if I switch it out to the new USB hub do you suggest.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
This sounds great thank you but curious question in my truck I've had my wireless adapter plugged in I never unplugged it and the power turns off whenever the truck door opens and automatically turns back on when I start the truck so would it not continue the same if I switch it out to the new USB hub do you suggest.
You might want to double check but the power for the media USB port stays hot. The USB port power comes from the port itself and not the radio.
It's possible something in your wireless module detects the lack of comm from the radio? Multiple people have had the issue with a wireless adapter staying powered on, this has been with both Android and iOS. It's also possible if your truck is parked far enough away from your phone you might not notice it.

OP
OP
G

G-TTriXteR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hot double check it but as far as I'm aware of the power plug for the USB media hub turns off because I have my wireless adapter plugged in there and it has a light on it so whenever I turn off the RAM and open the door that light turns off but the power USB next to it does not work I was going to switch that out with a different USB type c eventually but if it does not carry power can I just take the USB hub that you recommended plug it in and leave it as it is without doing any wiring.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio