Back to black projectors with upgrades from RetroShop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ended up with chrome projectors a few years back after hitting a deer @ 2,000 miles with my new truck due to the black ones being back ordered at the time. I liked the change at first but the storm trooper look kept calling me.

After wanting to upgraded my headlights for the past (2) years I finally did it. Jeremy has the patience of a saint! I asked allot of question and kept going back and forth with what I wanted over those 2 years, he answered all my questions and was a pleasure to work with!

Here are the specs:
Swap the chrome bezels with my old OE black ones (kept my broken lights)
Swap out OE projectors for Morimoto D2S 5.0's
Swap OE amber reflectors for clear ones
Install Amber profile prism demon eyes and reflector (tied into the parking lights)
New 5500K bulbs for my existing HID setup

Very happy with the new look and output. Only thing I may change would be going to a 6-6500K bulb due to the color being warmer than I would due to the AR coating and 55w ballast.off front.jpgoff side.jpgon front.jpgon side.jpgCutoff.jpg

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good!

OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Figured I would update this a bit, the bulbs that were originally in the lights were only 5K so I swapped them to 6K.

Just low beams with some ambient light.
(the amber glow in the middle above the cutoff on the wall is the demon eyes, they are always on)

One additional with the figs on (yes I know they are not optically correct and have scatter, but they fill in everything perfectly)

I should have taken a highbeam shot because its literally like daylight!

Attachments

• Against wall.jpg
    Against wall.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Down the road.jpg
    Down the road.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Against wall with fogs.jpg
    Against wall with fogs.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 30