Back-up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loco5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Does anyone know how to keep screen from going out of “backup camera” mode when shifting from reverse to drive? (12 inch Uconnect gen 5 RAM) Or, for that matter, making the screen stay in a selected mode?

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is in your settings you can turn the camera on anytime.

OP
OP
L

loco5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks, I went out and tried it. Yes, I can do as you suggested, but the screen changes out of backup camera when I shift from reverse to forward, and like you said, at that point it can be turned back on. However, I wish there was a way to ''hold'' the screen regardless of what the truck may be doing.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks, I went out and tried it. Yes, I can do as you suggested, but the screen changes out of backup camera when I shift from reverse to forward, and like you said, at that point it can be turned back on. However, I wish there was a way to ''hold'' the screen regardless of what the truck may be doing.

There is no factory feature to do this. It's considered a safety issue, they don't want you looking at the camera while driving. I think one or two of the aftermarket gadgets like Customtronix might be able to add the capability, but they are pricey.

-K

RRRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same question. Maybe Ram could set a speed limit of 15 mph or so. Speedsters would have their cams go back to the regularly scheduled programming. Here's my case. I'd like to have the backup cam "on" while in drive to keep an eye on the portable waste water tank as we make the slow journey for one of camping's most glamorous jobs... Our tank is getting long on wear as it has an epoxied wheel. It also had a crack in the drain neck that before discovery and subsequent repair, left an aromatic and incriminating trail of evidence as to which party was guilty. (Rain. Rain is your friend if this is you too...)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam