Backseat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickl82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can someone please tell me either from tried and proven experience or at least from a well educated stand point, how high can I raise my backseat and it still be suitable for an adult to sit in? It has to be raised to fit over a subwoofer box that was just put in but does not come from the factory.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can someone please tell me either from tried and proven experience or at least from a well educated stand point, how high can I raise my backseat and it still be suitable for an adult to sit in? It has to be raised to fit over a subwoofer box that was just put in but does not come from the factory.
If you really want to raise the seat then I would use a spacer under the seat brackets. I have used this method many times to gain extra clearance over subwoofer boxes that are too tall or not designed very well. You will need longer bolts that are Grade 8 or Grade 10.9 hardware.

Normally I can raise the seat about an inch with spacers and gain the necessary clearance. When I say spacers I don't just mean a single spacer under each bolt. That will not provide enough rigidity in the seat bracket.

The material I use is 1" square tubing with a .125* wall that is available from Lowes. I cut the tubing the same length as the seat brackets and the drill my holes. I weld caps on each end of the tubing to close them off and make them look clean. I grind and sand down the welds and then prime and paint them black.

I normally have 3 or 4 sets on the shelf just in case.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
To me it would be a whole bunch easier to source the proper height subwoofer.

OP
OP
R

Rickl82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I agree but I can do seat raising on a collect scraps together kind of budget.