Backup cam jacked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
So last night I went to back my truck up and my camera was very dark and fuzzy with odd colors. Put it back in park and tried again and same thing. Had to shut the truck off and restart it to fix it. It did it again today. Anyone have this issue and have a solution? The backup cam is pretty useless like that
I have the full console with the 8.4 touch screen.

Truck is going in monday for the dreaded ABS light

Randy Taverner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a similar problem about 3 times with my 2016 Longhorn. I lowered the tailgate. On the inside is a flat plate on the tailgate that provides access to the electrical connector for the camera. I unplugged and sprayed a little dielectric product, just a tiny bit, (Krown). It dissipates moisture. I plugged it back in and it went about year or so before It happened again. Then I repeated the process and replugged the connectors. I’m thinking that in our climate we get tons of condensation and moisture. Some is bound, over time, to get into connectors and cause a minor malfunction. It has worked well for me a number of times and I just consider it part of doing regular maintenance. If you leave it for a bit, no doubt the moisture may evaporate away and the camera will work again. By the way, the product I used displaces water immediately and prevents the connectors from corroding and is plenty safe to use on anything electrical below about 50,000 bolts. So no issue with vehicle electrical or electronics.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Will try that. I have some dielectric grease in the garage

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
haven't done it yet. Was at a bowling tournament all day yesterday then dropped truck off last night at dealer to have the ABS light issue checked but when I did drive it yesterday the camera was fine so it is intermittent.