Backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
Hello Ram Forum,

I have a 2017 2500 Mega cab and am wondering if anyone has had issues with the backup cam? Mine about 26K miles started having strange issues with the backup cam going fuzzy, occasionally green screen, full blackout, and then returning as if nothing ever happened.

Dealer says no recalls on cam? I now have over 87K miles and still have same issue with cam. Unsure if camera or wires? Dealer say have to replace whole wire harness? Unsure that is the best solution as I have hear from many Ram 1500 ppl along with Ford and other manufacturers that they also have had issues with cams, but recalls from other ,manufacturers. New harness gonna cost over $3500 installed and that seems impractical.

Anyone having these problems, recommend any solutions?

Thanks,
Nader

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello Ram Forum,

I have a 2017 2500 Mega cab and am wondering if anyone has had issues with the backup cam? Mine about 26K miles started having strange issues with the backup cam going fuzzy, occasionally green screen, full blackout, and then returning as if nothing ever happened.

Dealer says no recalls on cam? I now have over 87K miles and still have same issue with cam. Unsure if camera or wires? Dealer say have to replace whole wire harness? Unsure that is the best solution as I have hear from many Ram 1500 ppl along with Ford and other manufacturers that they also have had issues with cams, but recalls from other ,manufacturers. New harness gonna cost over $3500 installed and that seems impractical.

Anyone having these problems, recommend any solutions?

Thanks,
Nader
Check the the connections at the camera and tailgate for moisture and pack them with dielectric grease before reseating.