Backup lines with surround

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just picked up a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited, I'm trying to figure out how to make the backup lines stationary so they don't move when I turn my steering wheel. Can anyone help me find this in the settings wasn't able to locate them and I'm scared I can't change that since I have the surround camera.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Is this the trailer hitch backup line or parking lines?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited, I'm trying to figure out how to make the backup lines stationary so they don't move when I turn my steering wheel. Can anyone help me find this in the settings wasn't able to locate them and I'm scared I can't change that since I have the surround camera.
Somebody needs to chime in that has a High End truck with the surround system. I cannot help, lowly Bighorn. There is a setting in U Connect to change the lines, but my programming prob different than your high end limited. From 2021 Manual: best I can find, after this chapter, there are a lot of Safety Settings Also. This is all in your settings under U Connect settings.

uc1.JPGuc2.JPG

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Look under Settings, Camera on the radio that you can turn the guidelines On/Off along with making them Fixed.

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look under Settings, Camera on the radio that you can turn the guidelines On/Off along with making them Fixed.
It's not under the camera settings, just gives me options for the surround camera as snipped above. That's exactly where I thought it would be.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not under the camera settings, just gives me options for the surround camera as snipped above. That's exactly where I thought it would be.
Well, that came out of a 2021 manual. Hold on, lemme look and patch in the next set of Safety, may be there maybe, with different trim levels and more than I have (lowly Bighorn), who knows: SAFETY/driving assistance: LOOK BELOW, shows in here also... Maybe posted different place like here due to trim level.

sf1.JPGsf2.JPGsf3.JPG

May help U to download yer manual, multiple places U can. I cannot post the manual for U, it is 30 mb, way past forum allowances.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He has a limited, and those controls I found posted in Safety/Driving U connect settings also. Hard to help sometimes when PPL have a Newer/Higher trim level than my poor lowly Bighorn Driveway Princess, lmao... :33::angels2::anitoof::gunner:

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Just curious why you don’t want the lines to move. Personally I like that option. First truck with the back up grid lines were only fixed.

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious why you don’t want the lines to move. Personally I like that option. First truck with the back up grid lines were only fixed.
My 2012 Ram had them fixed and I feel like it's easier to backup when they're stationary. Love all the tech in my new rig but wish the lines didn't move.

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Still not having any luck, anyone with a Limited that has figured this out or any techs that can educate me?

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2012 Ram had them fixed and I feel like it's easier to backup when they're stationary. Love all the tech in my new rig but wish the lines didn't move.
Well, go in and change the setting. LOL... I posted the 2 places in U Connect that has the options that you can enable/disable the function. If that does not work, then dunno. If I go into U connect and disable mine, the lines do not move, so my only thought is see what I posted and try again.

I would be scared to go to dealer, even with warranty, and state this problem, and they go in and ***** yer radio, just saying.

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, go in and change the setting. LOL... I posted the 2 places in U Connect that has the options that you can enable/disable the function. If that does not work, then dunno. If I go into U connect and disable mine, the lines do not move, so my only thought is see what I posted and try again.

I would be scared to go to dealer, even with warranty, and state this problem, and they go in and ***** yer radio, just saying.
Appreciate it man. I don't have the same options under those settings. I did look through the manual but couldn't get it figured. I'm going to swing by a local dealer on the way home and see what they say. If I get a solution, I'll post it here. Thanks!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate it man. I don't have the same options under those settings. I did look through the manual but couldn't get it figured. I'm going to swing by a local dealer on the way home and see what they say. If I get a solution, I'll post it here. Thanks!
OK. it has to be in the settings somewhere, since I just have a lowly Bighorn, all I could do is post yer manual pages.

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So after a trip to the dealer, a phone call to Ram and Uconnect it appears that you cannot make those lines stationary. Seems crazy since the trucks without the surround camera can do it but that is what I keep being told.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after a trip to the dealer, a phone call to Ram and Uconnect it appears that you cannot make those lines stationary. Seems crazy since the trucks without the surround camera can do it but that is what I keep being told.
WOW, OK, well the manual said different, but WTH, as long as you drive and enjoy your ride, that is what is important.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Easy fix, back up only in a straight line. Only turn when going forward.

(sarcasm)

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I reached out to RamCares (really appreciate the help) and they advised that a software update could fix my issue. I have an appointment scheduled for next week so hopefully this will take care of it. I'll follow up afterwards.