Bad CV axle ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elkskins_j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have vibration at speeds above 55 and below 75. Still a little after 75 but not as much. Well, I've had new tires , still had the issue, just recently replaced both wheel bearing hubs and new rotors all around and of course pads, still does it. Could a bad CV axle be the culprit ? When changing hubs our it did seem like my driver side CV axle rotated a bit funky.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You could remove the load on the CV and get under there and violently shake the CV and see if you 'feel' play. Shake your f driveshaft too. How many miles on your hot rod?

So, it 'could' be a CV, but often times its tires, a bent rim ...bad u-joint, etc.

Last edited:

Curt Gobbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Could you remove the 2 front CV axles, drive it in 2wd for a day and determine if the vibration went away?

May be too much trouble...but a thought

OP
OP
elkskins_j

elkskins_j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could remove the load on the CV and get under there and violently shake the CV and see if you 'feel' play. Shake your f driveshaft too. How many miles on your hot rod?

So, it 'could' be a CV, but often times its tires, a bent rim ...bad u-joint, etc.
Possibly. I'm at 130000

OP
OP
elkskins_j

elkskins_j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could you remove the 2 front CV axles, drive it in 2wd for a day and determine if the vibration went away?

May be too much trouble...but a thought
Actually didn't know thus was possible. I'm not exactly a mechanic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf