Bak MX4 question fifth wheel pin box clearance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting ready to order a tonneau for The new truck. 2021 2500 CCSB
interested in the mx4 cover and I want to get the back box as well.
I like the sounds of the F1 cover as well, but it is 3 panels instead of 4 so I think it might have clearance issues.

will the cover interfere with the fifth wheel pin box when folded up flat. (Not talking about flat against the window.

how thick is the stack of panels above the bed rails?

currently I have a 1500 with same 6’4” bed and an extang soft trifold. It works fine folded up.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I bought the mx4 when I got my me 20 model 1 yr ago. We love it. Got it from auto anything best price guaranteed and if you find it cheaper within a yr time they will give you money back, i know because I've done it twice. Clears the fifth wheel hitch with no problem. I even put a Lund under the rail tool box against the head board. The panel is 1" thick but with the cross bar pulls underneath is almost 2". It pretty much all sits down inside bed except for about a 1/4 " lays down on top of rails. barely any water gets in under the seals. When we travel i fold it up to the third panel and the fifth wheel pin box never comes close to it while turning. 20200608_160140.jpg 20200608_160025.jpg 20200919_145518.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the mx4 when I got my me 20 model 1 yr ago. We love it. Got it from auto anything best price guaranteed and if you find it cheaper within a yr time they will give you money back, i know because I've done it twice. Clears the fifth wheel hitch with no problem. I even put a Lund under the rail tool box against the head board. The panel is 1" thick but with the cross bar pulls underneath is almost 2". It pretty much all sits down inside bed except for about a 1/4 " lays down on top of rails. barely any water gets in under the seals. When we travel i fold it up to the third panel and the fifth wheel pin box never comes close to it while turning. View attachment 250626 View attachment 250627 View attachment 250628

Perfect. Thanks Billet Bee for confirming for me.