Baked on brake dust from front calipers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terrible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there any good product to remove baked in brake dust from my front and rear calipers? I tried with simple green, brass brushes and elbow grease but still baked on.

I hate the idea of cheating and just painting over it. The factory silver was quite nice at some point.

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is there any good product to remove baked in brake dust from my front and rear calipers? I tried with simple green, brass brushes and elbow grease but still baked on.

I hate the idea of cheating and just painting over it. The factory silver was quite nice at some point.
I would try super clean, is in a purple bottle with a medium brissel brush. Rinse. Then iron remover and rinse. Watch some youtube videos on iron removers but they can be found at detailing stores or of course the internet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
MGP Caliper covers.

20190527_155514.jpg

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone stumbles upon this and revives it. Use the brake fluid. And spray off with brake parts cleaner when done. It will have you kicking yourself if you've cleaned any calipers before.

DURASPANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If anyone stumbles upon this and revives it. Use the brake fluid. And spray off with brake parts cleaner when done. It will have you kicking yourself if you've cleaned any calipers before.
Yes it does but leaves then kinda raw and unprotected. Wiping them down with sharkhyde afterwards helps that and if you're ****. Top that with a ceramic coat.