Battery Change led to no back up cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjotne043

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My battery died on my 2019 Larime with the 13" tech package. Changed the battery out yesterday, truck runs great. However, my back up cam is gone. Usually there is a shortcut on the screen to turn on the camera at any time. That's gone, put it in reverse, no camera there either.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Some people do have issues where not everything comes back to the UConnect radios after the battery is disconnected. Usually everything does come back after a couple of hours and/or several drive cycles.
Also check the backup camera settings in the radio those have been known to change themselves during a battery swap.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You're lucky, I'm trying to find a way to disable mine without leaving that plug hanging. The camera popping on every time I put it in reverse is irritating.

Non forsit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some people do have issues where not everything comes back to the UConnect radios after the battery is disconnected. Usually everything does come back after a couple of hours and/or several drive cycles.
Also check the backup camera settings in the radio those have been known to change themselves during a battery swap.
Second this!