Battery low voltage message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A Bad battery will cause all kinds of weird things to happen. When my OEM finally went the Cruise would stop working, remote start would not work, etc.

I just replaced a two year old Die Hard AGM that Advance auto tested and swore was fine. ( and would not cover under warranty I might add) yet It kept draining once the cold set in. I tested my whole system every which way you can to no avail. Finally just replaced battery and all was good.
Battery's these days are a crapshoot. May be your only problem if nothing else is found

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I have not seen it mentioned before if battery’s need to be registered to allow proper charging voltage and temperature to be monitored
Flooded Lead Acid battery vs Dry Glass Mat technologies are going to have different temperature tolerance’s I would suspect auxiliary battery systems to require the same care.

Jambro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I have a 2018 Ram 5500 that the low voltage light keeps popping up constantly and has been for the last 3 months. Batteries are new. Four months old. They both load test at 1000cca. Alternator is new. It was replaced 2 weeks ago. Battery sensor is new. Just replaced today. There are no codes in the ecm. Nothing is indicating there is a problem with the charging system except for the constant annoying DING every ten seconds while the engine is running. There is no corrosion on any wiring. I have even load tested the passenger battery from the driver’s side cables and vice-versa. Batteries still passed load test. Message center on dash will read 13v and still display the low battery message. A volt meter will read 13.7v while driving and still the message will display. There is no reason for me to think there is a problem with the batteries actually charging. The truck can go hours on acc and running my laptop with no problem starting up. What else would cause this message to falsely pop up?

mauntie256

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummings
I have a 2018 Ram 5500 that the low voltage light keeps popping up constantly and has been for the last 3 months. Batteries are new. Four months old. They both load test at 1000cca. Alternator is new. It was replaced 2 weeks ago. Battery sensor is new. Just replaced today. There are no codes in the ecm. Nothing is indicating there is a problem with the charging system except for the constant annoying DING every ten seconds while the engine is running. There is no corrosion on any wiring. I have even load tested the passenger battery from the driver’s side cables and vice-versa. Batteries still passed load test. Message center on dash will read 13v and still display the low battery message. A volt meter will read 13.7v while driving and still the message will display. There is no reason for me to think there is a problem with the batteries actually charging. The truck can go hours on acc and running my laptop with no problem starting up. What else would cause this message to falsely pop up?
try replacing the mega fuse on the passenger side battery

mauntie256

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummings
try to replace the mega fuse on pass side battery i had the same problem dealer replaced the alt 2 times didnt work i bought the fuse for 18$ at the dealer all good now 250 amp square with ceramic middle its the front one

VTOD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I Replaced my Batteries because the truck wouldn't start. It started fine, but I had a low voltage error. I took it down to Autozone and their computer said everything was fine. No issues found. But the truck still had this issue. The owners manual indicates that the truck shouldn't be driven if the low voltage error is present. I had read about the $18.00 fuse on this forum, and that is what it was. It was in stock for $16.99. Quick fix, for what was a frustrating problem.

Thanks for the help. Here is a photo of the square.

Attachments

• 70611207965__F4AADA28-2C4D-4097-BD94-5571C85C91D7.jpg
    70611207965__F4AADA28-2C4D-4097-BD94-5571C85C91D7.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 5

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I Replaced my Batteries because the truck wouldn't start. It started fine, but I had a low voltage error. I took it down to Autozone and their computer said everything was fine. No issues found. But the truck still had this issue. The owners manual indicates that the truck shouldn't be driven if the low voltage error is present. I had read about the $18.00 fuse on this forum, and that is what it was. It was in stock for $16.99. Quick fix, for what was a frustrating problem.

Thanks for the help. Here is a photo of the square.
Do you have a forum link to more on this issue?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
So, this thread is almost a year and a half old. Did you find the problem and if so, what was it.