Battery Powered LED Topper Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all. We are setting up our truck topper for a camping trip to Yellowstone. I am looking for suggestion for battery powered inside lighting that we can use at night. It would also be nice for it to light up the inside nicely. I don’t want to tie anything in to the truck battery. I was thinking about some battery powered rope lights but was unsure of a better option. What have you guys used? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

afp89060

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6
Have you considered a solar panel and battery? I have a solar panel I got from bass pro shop that has suction cups for like $30. I used it on my boat for keeping the battery from draining when using the stereo on the beach. It did a good job, and would be powerful enough to run LED’s with no issue. For lighting I have used strip lights with adhesive on one side. You could mount it to the roof, or the top of the aluminum window frame if your cap is carpeted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you considered a solar panel and battery? I have a solar panel I got from bass pro shop that has suction cups for like $30. I used it on my boat for keeping the battery from draining when using the stereo on the beach. It did a good job, and would be powerful enough to run LED’s with no issue. For lighting I have used strip lights with adhesive on one side. You could mount it to the roof, or the top of the aluminum window frame if your cap is carpeted.

That is a good idea. I don’t know how many times we will go camping in it. Just looking for something that I can also just turn on while at home. Do they make the rope lights that run off of replaceable batteries? Thanks

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I guess mainly because I don’t want to put any draw on the truck battery at night.

afp89060

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6
I was thinking a lawnmower or motorcycle battery. Then its got enough power for the whole night as well as chargeable.

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking a lawnmower or motorcycle battery. Then its got enough power for the whole night as well as chargeable.

That’s a great idea! Thanks

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These work great. A couple of them would like it up like daylight.

63601_I.jpg
Where did you purchase them? They look like something that would be readily available. Then I could just attach them to the bottom of my Rhino Rack mounting points

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like this rota light, can see my post about it here: https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2025233/

Advertised 250 hours on low setting, magnetic, waterproof, flood but can be aimed. Lithium can be recharged using a fast-charge cigarette to USB charger in your car, so you can ensure its topped off quickly on any trips, although lithium in general should have 90% capacity after a year.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use couple of these with upgraded Velcro they stick anywhere on my camper that has carpet.

04d08fd7f14078d87ff9b358b3a508c6.jpg

OP
OP
Bramic71

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
808CBC9A-8490-4942-A29D-C7844F03DC08.jpeg Thank you for all the replies. Found some battery powered ones at the local hardware store that look like they are going to work just fine.