Battery replacement choices...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
78Staff

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wound up buying the X2 AGM - all the coupons and discounts for the others were ship to home only. Got a 15% coupon for the local Batt Plus site plus a X2 rebate, so it wasn't really too much more than the Parts Store AGM's in the end.

Last edited:

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
The Advanced Auto Parts AGM was my first choice until I found the Bosch on sale at Pep Boys. What swung me was the Bosch was cheaper and is better rated with more CCA Amps.
I looked at the Bosch also since when on sale they usually are almost identical price as the advanced auto parts platnium agm, but reason I went with the advanced one was it showed 850cca vs 800cca for the Bosch. Bosch uses some odd rating I never seen where they rate it at 32 degrees at 960cca, but the normal specs show 800. So not sure how to compare it to one's with reg specs.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I looked at the Bosch also since when on sale they usually are almost identical price as the advanced auto parts platnuim agm, but reason I went with the advanced one was it showed 850cca vs 800cca for the Bosch. Bosch uses some odd rating I never seen where they rate it at 32 degrees at 960cca, but the normal specs show 800. So not sure how to compare it to one's with reg specs.

Thanks, good info to consider the next time. It keeps Advanced Auto's Autocraft as #1

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Either way, agm in my opinion is way to go, no matter what brand. My Camaro ss sits a lot and had a optima red top, is about 4 years old. My battery tender I forgot to plug in, battery was totally dead, wouldn't take a charge, nothing. I hooked a old non agm battery to the agm, then charged using the non agm battery posts with a reg battery charger, the red top charged back up. Then I topped it off with the agm charger. So you can bring a AGM back if it's completely dead.