BBK shorty headers

sgtryanusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I gotta see where my BBK shorties are leaking. Installed 2 yes ago. BBK says use ARP hardened bolts. Spoke to them today.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe a redundant question but do these BBK shorts bolt right up to the stock pipes on each side ?

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
JR, Shortys bolt up just like those awful cast iron manifolds. Other than gaskets, you don't have to change anything. I replaced my manifolds BEFORE any of the bolts broke. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I've read where you pick up a little HP with Shortys; around 20 HP with a CAI, and a tune. But I can't verify that. I could never detect and difference. The big reason I went to Shortys is to never have the hassle of broken bolts.

Everybody can do what they want. But to my ears almost all loud exhausts sound like a four letter S word. I don't want the attention, and I don't need to mark my territory.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
JR, Shortys bolt up just like those awful cast iron manifolds. Other than gaskets, you don't have to change anything. I replaced my manifolds BEFORE any of the bolts broke. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I've read where you pick up a little HP with Shortys; around 20 HP with a CAI, and a tune. But I can't verify that. I could never detect and difference. The big reason I went to Shortys is to never have the hassle of broken bolts.

Everybody can do what they want. But to my ears almost all loud exhausts sound like a four letter S word. I don't want the attention, and I don't need to mark my territory.
Thanks @RLJ10X you answered that perfectly for me. Im towing an enclosed trailer to PA and was looking to give the 5.7 some performance increase if I dont trade her for a Cummins first.

sgtryanusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I gotta see where my BBK shorties are leaking. Installed 2 yes ago. BBK says use ARP hardened bolts. Spoke to them today.
Oh boy! It was my lucky day! I discovered the most Aft passenger side header bolt was walking out and was not broken. I could just barely believe it. All others in tact and look great. Got about a qtr turn on each collector bolt. Crazy! She quiet now! I was ready to kick her *** outta here. We good now!
Has anybody ever seen any mention of a thread locker for these? May be a terrible idea but then maybe just a low strength application would help.
I wish yall some of this luck!