BCM Firmware Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Anyone know of anyplace (other than the dealer) that might be able to do BCM firmware updates? Bench flashed or through the OBDII port? I've got an early 2019 2500 that I've used AlfaOBD to add several factory options to. Unfortunately though there's new features coming out now that I'd like to be able to enable in my BCM like Trailer light check, and Offroad pages in the Uconnect, but my BCM firmware is too dated and doesn't support these new features.

Seeing as I highly doubt the BCM has had any hardware changes since 2019, these new features on newer trucks (21+) have to be available because they were added with new firmware versions.

At the moment my only lead is Infotainment.com offers replacement BCM's with what they claim to be "The latest and Greatest" updated firmware. I reached out to them to ask some questions about the service because if I absolutely had to I wouldn't be opposed to buying an updated BCM IF I knew it would add the features I'm after. I also asked if they'd be willing to offer an update service for a lesser price. They didn't respond to my e-mail so I'm at a dead end right now.

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
:cool:;) Looking

Last edited:
OP
OP
g00fy

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Got any contact info?

jhiggins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
@g00fy Did you ever find a person or place capable of flashing the BCM with newer firmware? Or did you replace your BCM with a newer model?

OP
OP
g00fy

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
@g00fy Did you ever find a person or place capable of flashing the BCM with newer firmware? Or did you replace your BCM with a newer model?
Wasn't able to get anywhere on either option. It seems the dealer is the only one that can do module updates. Also for whatever reason the 4.5 gen HD's don't allow you to swap BCM's easily like the 4th gens do.

jhiggins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I'm curious if a dealer would do an update. Has anyone successfully gotten a newer firmware flashed by the dealer so they could access newer features?

OP
OP
g00fy

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm curious if a dealer would do an update. Has anyone successfully gotten a newer firmware flashed by the dealer so they could access newer features?
IF they did, it was probably somebody who was friends with a tech, or friends with a service writer.

All the dealers I've dealt with in my area are not very helpful at all. ONE time a few years ago when I was looking for a Uconnect firmware update I found a service writer who was a nice dude and actually interested that I was able to Retrofit a 2018 Uconnect into my 2015 to get android auto (Him and some of his techs were curious if it was possible). He actually went out of his way to check for a Firmware update even though I had retrofitted a 2018 Uconnect into my 2015.

Unfortunately by the time the firmware update was released, he was no longer working at the dealership, and the different guy I had to deal with was an absolute **** Know-it-All on a power trip who wouldn't give me the firmware update even if I paid for a half hour labor for a tech to put it on a USB drive for me because he felt the firmware update wouldn't work.