Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
So, I traded in my 2006 Power Wagon for a new 2020 Power Wagon. I took the old wheels and tires (37x13.50r17 Open Country M/T) off and put them on the new truck. They didn’t rub on the 06, but they’re rubbing like they’ve been on deployment for a year on the 2020.
I want to put a BDS lift on the 2020, but they haven’t made a kit for the 19-20 yet, or verified that the current kit will work.
Does anyone know if it will work? I’d like to go with BDS, but if not, I have to go with Carli (but it’s about 2k more), and I pretty much can’t drive my truck due to all the rubbing.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
umm put the stock wheels back on until you get it figured out. and those 13.50 will rub not matter what lift until you trim the rear fender liner

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
take at look at my build thread @Athena i used rough country and have never had any issues. running 37x12.5x20 4.5" lift

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
Unfortunately can’t put the stock ones back on, as they were swapped out with the old truck.
I was entertaining the idea of a leveling kit, but, as I knew I would be getting a lift on it anyway, I’m trying to find out if the BDS lift (only advertised up to a 2018) would work on the 2020.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
whats the offset on the wheels? That could be a big part of the problem. Additionally a 12.5 wide would probably be a bit more friendly clearance wise. I ran 37x12.5 on my 2017 truck bone stock for a couple weeks only trimming I needed to do was on the plastic near the pinch weld in the front wheel wells. The 2019-2020 models have a little bit more ride height in the front over the 4th gens which helps. Im not a fan of those lift kits that use drop brackets and such especially if you run your truck hard. I would definitely stick to a thuren kit or a carli but that's me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
c6e5cc03d6aa2b0da3a1be9668437543.png

Last edited:

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
So, I traded in my 2006 Power Wagon for a new 2020 Power Wagon. I took the old wheels and tires (37x13.50r17 Open Country M/T) off and put them on the new truck. They didn’t rub on the 06, but they’re rubbing like they’ve been on deployment for a year on the 2020.
I want to put a BDS lift on the 2020, but they haven’t made a kit for the 19-20 yet, or verified that the current kit will work.
Does anyone know if it will work? I’d like to go with BDS, but if not, I have to go with Carli (but it’s about 2k more), and I pretty much can’t drive my truck due to all the rubbing.

https://blog.bds-suspension.com/?p=21821 I know it’s not power wagon specific but the 4 inch listed here is showing 2020.

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
Unfortunately that kit won’t work for the power wagon

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
As well, I’m in the mix of talking to my local sports after market guy.

He is really recommending the BDS 4inch system over the thuren 2.0 king extreme pack.

says it’s a much better over all system at a cheaper cost. The thuren kit is lacking compared to it?

has anyone compared the 2 systems and made a purchase between the 2?

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L

He is really recommending the BDS 4inch system over the thuren 2.0 king extreme pack.

says it’s a much better over all system at a cheaper cost. The thuren kit is lacking compared to it?

Yea if that kit doesn’t fit a power wagon he was mistaken then. And I too am back to the drawing board.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

WTF? Sounds like he needs to stick to sports, not suspension systems.

If you just want a lifted truck to look cool, BDS will work just fine. But it is just a lift kit, where Thuren kit is a tuned suspension system.

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
WTF? Sounds like he needs to stick to sports, not suspension systems.

If you just want a lifted truck to look cool, BDS will work just fine. But it is just a lift kit, where Thuren kit is a tuned suspension system.

Yea could very well be the case, I’m new into figuring this out, but I think for what I need/want is just the thuren front overlander kit, is what I’m going to get.

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the thuren setup on mine, front 1/2" leveling springs, rear springs as i don't tow very often, front/rear trackbars w/rear swaybar links (makes a huge difference in handling), king steering stablizler, fox 2.0 shocks as the kings were a little out of my budget at the time. IMO very well worth it. was an easy do it yourself install.
and thuren was somewhat local to me (3 hrs away) and his reputation is stellar. I talked with them and they were extremely helpful with my questions.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Athena, I wouldn’t go rushing out and tampering with any kind of lift until I tried a different Wheel. You’re problem as @Maligator said is the tire width. Backspacing and offset are two thing’s that can get the results you’re looking for along with more than likely a bit of trimming. You can call either Carli or Thuren and they can give you some specs for what you’re working with.

PWBOI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What’s your intended use for you truck will it mostly be a mall crawler and light dirt fire roads, then perhaps BDS or lift kit such as that will work for you , and know with the offset of the wheels you’ll need to do some trimming, or are you looking at doing more high speed dune or desert type of Off-roading and looking for a smoother ride then you can’t go wrong with either Carli or Thuren, at the end of the day it’s the right tool for the job.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
@Athena, I wouldn’t go rushing out and tampering with any kind of lift until I tried a different Wheel. You’re problem as @Maligator said is the tire width. Backspacing and offset are two thing’s that can get the results you’re looking for along with more than likely a bit of trimming. You can call either Carli or Thuren and they can give you some specs for what you’re working with.
^^^^^ This
I would most certainly look into your wheel specs first. If you're looking to do one of these out of the box lift kits solely for the look go for it.
but in the interest of saving yourself a lot of time and money I look into the specs on my wheel, power wagons really like to use a +27 to + 18 mm offset like in the screenshot I posted from Don Thurens website

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7

ssm0xnfdn5s2n36k1vxfn2fv45tj8125uwimuby0&rid=giphy.gif

I'm not sure if you frequent any of the Power Wagon Facebook groups but the overwhelming majority of the guys on there go thuren. Dons suspension systems are engineered and tuned towards performance not what's the biggest tire I can throw underneath my truck. I'll mirror what @olyelr said Don sells suspension systems not lift kits.

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
Ok good stuff. My only issue is I’m on the east coast of Canada.

where should I purchase?

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Ok good stuff. My only issue is I’m on the east coast of Canada.

where should I purchase?
I believe you can purchase directly from Thuren, I'm sure the shipping will suck, I just checked on shipping cost for a set of rear coils and endlinks to Quebec and it was 66 usd.

not sure if you do the Facebook thing but this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/860573913997932/?ref=share

Theres quite a few Canadians in it maybe somebody could give you a little bit better insight than I could.