Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its a brand new pw. No control arms. Radius arms up front.
I knew that on the Radius arm change, I was just generalizing that they both (Radius arms, Control arms) serve the same purpose by stabilizing the axle from fore and aft axle movement and keeps the axle from rolling over itself under 4WD operation. Thanks for the input.
I might be wrong on the Radius Arms, yes or no?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I knew that on the Radius arm change, I was just generalizing that they both (Radius arms, Control arms) serve the same purpose by stabilizing the axle from fore and aft axle movement and keeps the axle from rolling over itself under 4WD operation. Thanks for the input.
I might be wrong on the Radius Arms, yes or no?

Yes, correct...they both do their part to locate the front axle.

But when you were saying he could get longer control arms to relocate the axle, thats when I was saying that he dosnt have any. He could get a drop mount on the frame end which pushes the axle forward slightly, but most dont need/do it on the 4.5/5 gens.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you all!! I contacted Thuren and decided to go with their kit; just waiting on them to get Fox shocks instead of King.

I also got new Toyo tires in 37x12.50r17 instead of the 13.50s

Heck yea lets see it when its all done up!

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I know I'm late to the party, but......
I bought my 2018 PW with the BDS kit & 37x12.5x20 Trail Grapplers already installed.
I live in an isolated environment and bought the truck online, big mistake......

I'm replacing the BDS with a Carli Back Country system & 35x12.5x17 Ridge Grapplers this week. My truck doesn't handle very well off or on road with the BDS. It does look very impressive, but I need it to be completely functional.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I think maple off-road will have it for you. They’re in Canada
Never mind. Guess I should have read more of the posts haha. Good choice on thuren. I have a few of their things. They aight