Bed rug or spray in bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Between the Bedrug and a tonneau cover (or even better, a cap), you could comfortably sleep in the truck bed.

If my family and I were the camping type, it would be perfect.

Gen3CoupeTX

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe I've gone overboard ... My truck came from the dealer with the spray-in bed liner. I added a Lomax tri-fold the week I brought it home. Today I ordered a Gator rubber mat to keep things from sliding around. I've put more thought into the truck bed than I have the bed my wife and I have slept in for the past decade. Guilty!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My neighbor (also a RAM owner) laughed at me when he saw me installing my Bed Rug. "You do know its a TRUCK, right?"

I feel like it was one of the best purchases I made for the truck. Makes getting stuff in and out so easy, shoveling and knee wise. Protects the bed (and even the bed liner).

I know its a bit expensive, but it looks like it will really hold up for a very long time so its probably worth it. I also have a tonneau cover because I hate the bed being open if there is nothing in it. I also like having a place I can put stuff and keep mostly out of the weather.

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think money spent on protecting a vehicle's condition and looks will help with resale value and help you sell it quicker as well. If you are using the truck as a farm truck, there may not be anything you can do to protect it. I'm not a farmer so...

My neighbor (also a RAM owner) laughed at me when he saw me installing my Bed Rug. "You do know its a TRUCK, right?"

I feel like it was one of the best purchases I made for the truck. Makes getting stuff in and out so easy, shoveling and knee wise. Protects the bed (and even the bed liner).

I know its a bit expensive, but it looks like it will really hold up for a very long time so its probably worth it. I also have a tonneau cover because I hate the bed being open if there is nothing in it. I also like having a place I can put stuff and keep mostly out of the weather.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those that installed the Bedrug in their trucks with a sprayed in bedliner, how well did the velcro strips stick to the bedliner material ?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those that installed the Bedrug in their trucks with a sprayed in bedliner, how well did the velcro strips stick to the bedliner material ?

BedRug sells an installation kit meant for that scenario....it comes with extra of the "heavy duty" velcro strips along with an adhesion promotor to help the strips stick to the spray in liner.

I was able to find the same adhesion promotor at a local body shop supply store. Its by 3M and comes in small packets that contain a sponge soaked with the promotor. You'll need a bunch of them (I think I bought 6 and used 5, really should have bought 10)

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you sir, I didn't know that. Now I can put the Bedrug back on my wish list.

oldsparky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
I love the bed Rugs. they keep stuff from sliding. easy on the knees. and look good. I had a bed rug in a 06 GMC HD since new and still looked good when I sold it. I had a shell on the truck but used the truck as a work truck. but never hauled loose dirt or gravel. I have the same set up on my 19 Ram classic and it looks sharp. and I will protect all I need. One thing I have noticed is these beds are flimsy. A small ratchet strap will pull the bed out of square using the Tie rings on the bed. Before the shell was on mine you could feel the bed flex when walking in it. 200lbs. My son has the same truck with a dealer sprayed bed. it flexes when climbing in the bed. He is 165lbs. So a spray in won't protect from dings maybe scratches.