BedRug or similar carpet liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gophersig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Just bought a 2020 Rebel, primary usage will be camping, fishing in the Rockies and daily use (daily drive, hauling mulch/gravel on occasion, etc.). This is replacing an 05 Wrangler. Leaning towards BedRug (or similar liner) rather than the spray-in the dealer threw into my deal. Two questions:

1. Has anyone with BedRug or similar products had issues with mold / mildew over time with weather exposure? My Jeep had a factory carpet liner, and after getting thoroughly soaked a few times in Chicago (caught with my top down), it definitely would get an odor until it really dried out a few days later. I’m going to have a tonneau cover, but assuming there will be some leakage at some point (which would then be out of the sun for drying purposes), I wonder if the BedRug is going to have similar mildew odor issues?

2. Since the dealer is throwing in a spray-in (which I don’t have to get), anyone have experience with adding a BedRug after getting a spray-in? Will it still adhere / stay in place? Better to just get a one-piece floor mat and remove it when it is time to put in dirty stuff?

Thanks!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't answer#1 because I have a tonneau cover, but in regards to #2:

To install into a sprayed in liner you would need some adhesion promotor for the Velcro strips. Bedrug makes a special install kit or you can just use the regular kit and buy the 3m promotor yourself (that's what I did). It holds pretty well, but some of the strips have started to come off 2 years later.

Well worth the trouble, IMHO. I love the bedrug and plan to replace the few strips that came off this spring.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The Bedrug will not mildew because it is made of inorganic material. I had one for years and was very happy with it.

Sent from my old rotary phone using Tapatalk [emoji3513]

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have both a bed cover and bed rug, installed both about the same time, have had a few rain storms since the install, pretty dry back there. No smells as of yet. Truck did not come with a spray in so the install of the rug was pretty easy as long as the temp is above 60 and alcohol is used according to the direction. Really like the way it looks.