Bee hive in my 2nd gen mud truck's engine bay. Please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Powertech 4.7
As the title says bees have moved into the engine bay of my mud/project truck's engine bay. Has anybody ever delt with something like this and how did you go about it.

No I'm not lighting the truck on fire. Even though that'd probably be the easiest thing to do.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Oh, well, that was my idea.. j/k, lol. Are they bees or wasps? I ask because bees are good, wasps are flying a-holes... Personally, I would spray the crap out of the nest (if wasps).

OP
OP
Deep_Cherry_Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Powertech 4.7
No unfortunately it's bees. If it was wasps break clean would've sorted that.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
No unfortunately it's bees. If it was wasps break clean would've sorted that.
You could probably smoke them out (no actual fire in the bay) and then remove the hive. If you don't want to harm them (or yourself?), you might get hold of a bee keeper (so many guys are doing that these days) for help.

OP
OP
Deep_Cherry_Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Powertech 4.7
I guess I'll try and smoke them out the next time I get some free time from work. Or just bite the bullet and pay a bee keeper. Thanks man.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I guess I'll try and smoke them out the next time I get some free time from work. Or just bite the bullet and pay a bee keeper. Thanks man.
You might not have to pay the guy, you're probably doing him a favor by giving him more bees. ;-) Good luck..

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Just find your local beekeepers association and start making some calls. Someone will come and take them. Lots of beekeepers are happy to take free bees.

If you have the bandwidth in your life for an interesting sideline hobby, watch some YouTube, get a bee suit and buy a hive box and keep them yourself. That’s what I did after the third time they moved into my detached garage.

OP
OP
Deep_Cherry_Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Powertech 4.7
That is an interesting idea. Come to think of it a buddy of mine was asking me about bees a few months ago and if I knew where to get some. Well this is going to be a funny conversation next time I see him.

OP
OP
Deep_Cherry_Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Powertech 4.7
With the bee populations declining in the US please,try and find a bee keeper who would be willing to properly remove them and maybe start a new colony elsewhere

Turns out a buddy of mine bee keeps as a hobby. So I've talked to him about it and next time we're both off he's going to come get them.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's good. I have a lot of bees around my place so there's surely a hive close by. When I mow the lawn I have to keep stopping to wait for bees to move out of the way.