Before/after pics. Bilstein 5100 front end "lift" level. Completed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RammyMcRamerton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just another set of example pics for the Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shock Absorbers. Before photos = stock 2016 1500 Express 5.7L HEMI 4x4 crewcab / crew cab. Strictly speaking this is neither a lift or a level job. With the Bilstein, you are simply replacing the front shock absorbers and adjusting where the bottom of the coil springs sits, allowing your truck to look like it has been lifted. Mine is dialed to the maximum setting of 2.75" inches... which essentially makes the front end look like its around 3" inches higher than stock. Personally I hated the way the stock front end rake looked... and since I do not ever plan on towing anything, this is a massive improvement. I have also driven it around 200 miles around town, going over speed bumps, maybe a couple of test curbs ;) and there is a pleasant, but not-drastic, improvement in front end handling. In other words I don't quite cringe as much when I see a speed bump, or a pothole coming at me.

111.jpg

222.jpg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Just another set of example pics for the Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shock Absorbers. Before photos = stock 2016 1500 Express 5.7L HEMI 4x4 crewcab / crew cab. Strictly speaking this is neither a lift or a level job. With the Bilstein, you are simply replacing the front shock absorbers and adjusting where the bottom of the coil springs sits, allowing your truck to look like it has been lifted. Mine is dialed to the maximum setting of 2.75" inches... which essentially makes the front end look like its around 3" inches higher than stock. Personally I hated the way the stock front end rake looked... and since I do not ever plan on towing anything, this is a massive improvement. I have also driven it around 200 miles around town, going over speed bumps, maybe a couple of test curbs ;) and there is a pleasant, but not-drastic, improvement in front end handling. In other words I don't quite cringe as much when I see a speed bump, or a pothole coming at me.

View attachment 485580

View attachment 485581
Congratulations you finally have a Truck!!!!! :cheers:

chstrahl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you have to have a front end alignment done?