Bell tech 2/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay so I recently lowered my ram from stock height to the 2/4 drop but the rear is like 1-2 inches higher then the front idk what would be the problem both springs are placed right street performance shocks are all on right I don’t know what the problem would be I got it aligned the the next day maybe just let them settle ?? Help please

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It shouldn't be 1-2"...I did a BT 2/4 and it was very close. Check the part # on the rear springs, call BT and make sure they are the correct sprispr

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay so I recently lowered my ram from stock height to the 2/4 drop but the rear is like 1-2 inches higher then the front idk what would be the problem both springs are placed right street performance shocks are all on right I don’t know what the problem would be I got it aligned the the next day maybe just let them settle ?? Help please
Pull the springs out and cut 1 coil off. That will drop you an inch.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Are you a regular cab? Quad? or Crew? The rear is going to drop more on the bigger cabs if that makes sense.

Did you get the right kit for your truck?

OP
OP
C

Caite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it was a bell tech 2/4 drop kit with street suspension shocks

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I would get in touch with bell tech and let them know what's going on with it. Maybe it just needs to settle some more? Dunno, but I know that they have helped guys out in the past on this forum.

I have the 965SP Crew Cab 4x4 kit and I sit pretty much perfectly level.

IG page: elvira5.7hemi

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would be easier to just pull the springs and cut a coil off than to go through the hassle of contacting bell tech for a solution

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
It would be easier to just pull the springs and cut a coil off than to go through the hassle of contacting bell tech for a solution

I agree as long as the shocks don’t have too much travel and allow the coil to move from concentric on the top perch. If the rear has the tires lifted off the ground(full droop with shocks still connected) and you can’t move the spring by hand, all good! Tape measure without the shocks and cut a 1/4” coil at a time until satisfied with both sides.

I cut 2 coils off my OEM springs and had to metal tie them to the bottom perch so they couldn’t wiggle out of position while rotating tires/large bumps.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Not me. Make the manufacturer fix the problem. If you make a wrong cut, or goon it up your outta schlitz!

Last edited:

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
just get in touch with bt there awe67635734_10162284231745372_3252067692282118144_o.jpg some to deal with.mine is 2/4 and was 1' lower in rear.she sent me new springs and was the same then the sent out 1' rear spacer and worked.