belltech 2/4 1/2 lower in rear ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A 2/4 drop should make it sit perfectly level, with no rake. The extra two inches in the rear is to take the factory rake out of them.

To me your truck looks great. On mine I did add the helper bags as I heard they made it not bottom out so much. I had read that 10psi was perfect for the ride quality so that where mine at set. So far I’ve only had an issue when I was traveling and had luggage and and other **** we bought in the bed. Next time I take a trip I’m gonna put a bit more air in the rear and see if it doesn’t help it not bottom out so much in big dips.

OP
OP
dracman

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well talking to belltech yesterday and had to do some measurements under truck with truck at ride height. Said springs are bang on. So she called me today saying she was sending out 1” spacer to try. Belltech your #1 for customer service.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A 2/4 drop should make it sit perfectly level, with no rake. The extra two inches in the rear is to take the factory rake out of them.

To me your truck looks great. On mine I did add the helper bags as I heard they made it not bottom out so much. I had read that 10psi was perfect for the ride quality so that where mine at set. So far I’ve only had an issue when I was traveling and had luggage and and other **** we bought in the bed. Next time I take a trip I’m gonna put a bit more air in the rear and see if it doesn’t help it not bottom out so much in big dips.
What are you bottoming out on and what did you do for bump stops?

OP
OP
dracman

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
What are you bottoming out on and what did you do for bump stops?
cut factory down but still hitting and added there shocks to but whole reason its hiting hard is is to low in the back.back sags so by monday should have the spacers.

OP
OP
dracman

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
The rear is bottoming out on the bump-stop cups. I just removed the factory stops and installed the ones supplied with the bell tech kit.
i did put theres on and rear end is sitting on them i cant even slide a peice of paper between them lol .has to do with my truck i guess .my buddy has a six inch drop and looks just like mine in the rear

OP
OP
dracman

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think most guys are grinding those cups right off and welding or riveting the shorter bump stops on to buy some space.
i know moe said when he puts these kits on he cuts then off .from moes performance

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is anyone feeling a fluttering feeling with this kit? I am not getting the sway at high speeds, but in mid range from low 50's to 65ish I get a fluttering bounce. I am wondering if it is still my tires?

Anyone have this issue?

OP
OP
dracman

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is anyone feeling a fluttering feeling with this kit? I am not getting the sway at high speeds, but in mid range from low 50's to 65ish I get a fluttering bounce. I am wondering if it is still my tires?

Anyone have this issue?
no mines good on hwy

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Anyone have this issue?

I posted this a couple of weeks ago in another thread.

When I first cut some coils on my BT kit, I had no problems with death wobble as well. A couple of months ago, I ended up having to get a plug in my front right tire on a trip to get my nephew's dad from an airport 2 hours away. Apparently what punctured the tire broke a belt and the tire had some "interesting" wear, most notably a bulge and bald circle about 5 inches in diameter. I noticed it because I picked up the wobble at 82-85 mph. After getting new tires installed over the weekend, I have run it up to 102 and no more wobble.

I still think it is kind of odd that an issue on a front tire can cause the wobble but I'm guessing it induced enough vibration that passed through the frame to the rear end and started the wobble.

Any thoughts?

OP
OP
dracman

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
only thing i can think of and same as belltech is just truck the way its built mabe the spring poctet might be longer for it to be lower in rear have no clue.but i will say this belltech has wicked customer service and will help ya out with what ever ya need. thanks sarah..

OP
OP
dracman

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
2/4 bt

F63E6041-EAF3-42BC-AF3E-B9A22593AC76.png

DBAED6C5-6614-4E43-BC62-E015251E5263.png