Belltech 2/4, cant get alignment in spec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took my truck for alignment, they adjusted as much as possible, could not get it fully in spec. Tech said i may want to try spindle. Any tips, parts, or is this just is what it is? Alignment sheet attached.
Thanks for any help

20180822_141545.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Took my truck for alignment, they adjusted as much as possible, could not get it fully in spec. Tech said i may want to try spindle. Any tips, parts, or is this just is what it is? Alignment sheet attached.
Thanks for any help

View attachment 138189

Spring drops usually won't come into spec on camber and toe.You can shorten the tie rods for the toe,but the camber is kind of limited as far as fixes are concerned.if it brothers you,you're easiest option is dropped spindles

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
It should align at only a 2" front drop. Did you take measurements before/after to see exactly how much the springs lowered the front?

Another option is to run the Inez Hotrods adjustable upper control arms. This is what I did with my truck after cutting the front coils down to 3". It aligned perfectly with the adjustable upper arms.

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didnt think to measure before and after when we were installing it. What are the part#s for the control arms you used, will they keep the same front drop I have currently, not looking to go any lower. Seem to have a little vibration on roads, looking at rear shock replacements now, wanted to go with EIBACH, called em, but they dont make anything that works for a lowered ram. Pretty sure Im going with KYBS, just got to figure out which ones.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I dont think Inez has a part# for the upper arms, but they are about $350 for the set. They dont lower the truck any more, they are just adjustable to help you correct your alignment.

The rear end shake will be fixed with a set of the Illicit Customs rear control arm brackets. The angle of your rear control arms is off now with the 4" drop which is what causes the instability at higher speeds.

DFWHEMI04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the same issue with alignment. I ordered the spindles to replace the springs. I have the Belltech street shocks and they perform nicely.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It should align at only a 2" front drop. Did you take measurements before/after to see exactly how much the springs lowered the front?

Another option is to run the Inez Hotrods adjustable upper control arms. This is what I did with my truck after cutting the front coils down to 3". It aligned perfectly with the adjustable upper arms.
Thanks for this info. I want to cut my belltech springs down to 3" too. So with these adjustable upper arms did you need to do anything else? Like new sway bar links ? Any other things I should consider. Not looking to go 4" like the kit does

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up having the tie rod ends cut, been good since then. Put some kyb excel g shocks in the other day, quite happy with my ride so far

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just posted this same thing in another thread right before this one:

My issue right now is cupping of the front tires. My tires are less than a year old. At my last rotation, which was the first rotation on this set of tires, the fronts were showing cupping on the inside of the tire. The shop did an alignment and I am noticing some cupping on the tires that are now up front. The shop said that they aligned to spec.

Does anyone recommend to tell the shop/technician to actually align the fronts with a slight positive camber off the specifications to get a straight up wheel tire? (Hopefully my question makes sense.)

When it was aligned to spec a couple months back the alignment looked better visually, however it still a very slight negative camber looking at the truck.

By the way I'm a 4x4 Crew Cab with Belltech 965SP 2/4 drop...

Silverspank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up having the tie rod ends cut, been good since then. Put some kyb excel g shocks in the other day, quite happy with my ride so far
Can you give more info on cutting your tie rods? Do the rods have to be threaded after cutting? How much do you cut? Thanks

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had shop do it while they did the alignment, I believe they took 3/8- half inch off the threaded side

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just posted this same thing in another thread right before this one:

My issue right now is cupping of the front tires. My tires are less than a year old. At my last rotation, which was the first rotation on this set of tires, the fronts were showing cupping on the inside of the tire. The shop did an alignment and I am noticing some cupping on the tires that are now up front. The shop said that they aligned to spec.

Does anyone recommend to tell the shop/technician to actually align the fronts with a slight positive camber off the specifications to get a straight up wheel tire? (Hopefully my question makes sense.)

When it was aligned to spec a couple months back the alignment looked better visually, however it still a very slight negative camber looking at the truck.

By the way I'm a 4x4 Crew Cab with Belltech 965SP 2/4 drop...

Anyone have cupping issues?

Nobody?

mert34

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have not had mine long enough to notice but i did install adjustable upper control arms to get camber dialed in on it since it was still out after install.

Motodad17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought I've seen F-150 tie rod ends used in another forum. Anyone tried that for alignment?

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the endlinks for an 08 f150 2wd napa version of k80337i think. Think I'm going to put some energy suspension red end link bushings

mert34

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the ihc uppers and they did what they were suppose to do. alignment came back decent.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have the ihc uppers and they did what they were suppose to do. alignment came back decent.
Thanks for the info. I'm looking to get those upper control arms as well. Just wanted to hear from people who had them already

mert34

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just the uppers. not saying it may not need more i think really it mostly depends on how good the tech is doing the alignment.