Belltech 2/4, cant get alignment in spec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So annoyed. I contacted IHC. they will not sell the upper adjustable arms separately now and said they will only sell as part of a package with their kits. That's so dumb as I don't need or want to sell their whole kit because i'm happy with what I have now. Hopefully someone will sell theirs sometime in the future. I really think that option is really dumb of them. I may not buy any parts going forward from them now

Mark2011hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the belltech 2/4 drop aswell. Caster wont come back. Just make sure there even and wont cause issues. You shifted the rear forward so it wont go back. In terms of caster on my 4x4 i extented the upper control arm mount bolt holes out rouglty 1/4" and then took the welder and filled backend so bolt cant move. Worked great!

mert34

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So annoyed. I contacted IHC. they will not sell the upper adjustable arms separately now and said they will only sell as part of a package with their kits. That's so dumb as I don't need or want to sell their whole kit because i'm happy with what I have now. Hopefully someone will sell theirs sometime in the future. I really think that option is really dumb of them. I may not buy any parts going forward from them now

mine are coming off but cost of shipping makes it not worth it from alaska typically

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After reading thru this thread and taking the view point of someone doing their first 2/4 drop to their truck. I am thinking one should go with the IHC kit and use everything except the lower front A-arms and purchase the Belltech front springs. That way you get their 4" rear drop springs and all the good geometry fixing parts for the rearend, then use the IHC upper A-arms for getting a good alignment, while using the Belltech front springs for the 2" drop. Then If you wanted to go lower later you already have the parts on hand. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dragonsteel, good idea, pretty sure you can get the front springs for 100-150, check walmart. How much cost wise did it work out to be?
I'm at
300 for bt 2/4
150 for shocks
100helper bags
500 for the illicit brackets
350 for their install
300 to trim front tie rod
125 alignment
1050 parts and 650 labor.
Also other parts I've tried
160 in belltech nitro shocks
150in kyb gas a just
130in kyb great shocks

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dragonsteel, good idea, pretty sure you can get the front springs for 100-150, check walmart. How much cost wise did it work out to be?
I'm at
300 for bt 2/4
150 for shocks
100helper bags
500 for the illicit brackets
350 for their install
300 to trim front tie rod
125 alignment
1050 parts and 650 labor.
Also other parts I've tried
160 in belltech nitro shocks
150in kyb gas a just
130in kyb great shocks

IHC kit lists for 1260
Belltech front 2" drop springs are 179
Belltech front shocks are 112 for a pair
Total of just over 1500.00

Bluestarrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Be careful with the IHC upper control arms. They possibly wont work with your wheel tire combo. I purchased a set and can't use them. Control arm tire interference!

Dragonsteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Be careful with the IHC upper control arms. They possibly wont work with your wheel tire combo. I purchased a set and can't use them. Control arm tire interference!
Please provide more info. What wheel and tire combo did you have the interference with and where did it interfere? I am gathering all info I can before pulling the trigger on the combo I listed above.

Mopar2keddie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would imagine the IHC works with stock tire sizes on stock 22in wheels. You can't expect them to try every possible combination out there.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I would imagine the IHC works with stock tire sizes on stock 22in wheels. You can't expect them to try every possible combination out there.

Majority of trucks don't have 22" rims,most of them have either 17's or 20's,shouldn't be hard to check either of those sizes for interferance .

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rim size doesn’t mean anything. It’s the overall tire size that can change things. I have 24’s with the exact same 33” overall diameter as stock 20’s.

Extra wide rims and not knowing offsets can get you in trouble.