Belltech 2/4 drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian GP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this kit is just out but does anyone have an opinion on it yet?

The other kit I'm considering is the Power Force 2/3 drop.

Last edited:

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Do a forum search lots of info for 2 wd and 4wd lowering kits that cover this topic and brand! Search under lowered section.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do a forum search lots of info for 2 wd and 4wd lowering kits that cover this topic and brand! Search under lowered section.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I think the OP was asking because Belltech JUST released a full kit for 4x4's offering a 2/4 drop.

Simpsj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never heard of dropping 4x4's til I joined this site. Anyway I have belltech 2/4 kit and looks sturdy. I cant seem to make time to install. I have everything though. We did just have a bad hurricane though. Still working on house.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got it on my truck. I did the spring only kit with stock shocks, had vibration above 50, added kyb monomax shocks, spohn adjustable panhard(I'd go with core 4x4 if I did it again), helped, but still wobble.I had to have the illicit no cut brackets installed to get rid of wobble. Brackets did the trick, but I started bottoming out more on the bumpstop cups. Trimmed the factory bumpstops and installed the airlift 1000 helper bags. Only time it bottoms out is on potholes. I need to trim the bumpstop cups, but I dont trust myself with a grinder.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a company that makes a 1 inch front lowering coil and a 3 inch rear lowering coil they sell separately, cost is similar to the belltech kit. I'm not sure if only dropping 1 in the front and 3 inches in the ass will still have any issues. But a 2 front 4 inches rear or more seems to be the magic number for get the checkbook out, you need more parts to get it done right.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot to add, had to get front tie rods shorten to get it aligned as good as possible.
300 springs
200 shocks
160 panhard
500 brackets +350 install
300 for alignment and tie rod shortening
100 for airlift
Also 250x2 for hellwig front and rear swaybars

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There is a company that makes a 1 inch front lowering coil and a 3 inch rear lowering coil they sell separately, cost is similar to the belltech kit. I'm not sure if only dropping 1 in the front and 3 inches in the ass will still have any issues. But a 2 front 4 inches rear or more seems to be the magic number for get the checkbook out, you need more parts to get it done right.
Who makes the 1/3 kit? and is applicable to 4x4 trucks or just 2wd?

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Crown suspension makes the springs. No clue on a 4wd, you can check their website.

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Weird. I did a hybrid GF/Belltech 2/4 drop. I bottom out on HARD bumps, so I added airlift 1000s... Only issues I had.