Belltech 2/4 to 3/5 or 4/6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBullit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello! I have a '12 Ram 2wd, Currently i've seen some very mixed opinions to achieve a 3/5-4/6 drop.

What im asking is- What all do i need to make a belltech 2/4 drop, a 3/5, or even a 4/6.

I would go with IHC, but currently 1300$ in just parts is too expensive for me.

Any help would be amazing, Thank you!

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I went from a ground force 2/3 to a 2/4 by switching to belltech 4 inch springs in the rear.

I put in the no cut brackets and was happy for about 6 weeks then I thought, this rides great but I still had too much tire gap. I even went from 22s to 20s, and 275 60 20s tires to close the gap.

My truck rides great but the wheel gap is too much. I'm not bottoming out, I removed front and rear bump stops and installed belltech ones.

All in all I want a 4 /6. 6 in the rear is easier, cutting 1 full coil is about 3/4 of an inch so 2 1/2 coils gets me a 6 in the rear but I need to then go to cut brackets. Which is more work.. As I'm on the bump stops and have a clunky rough ride.

4 in the front is the issue imho. About the only way I've seen is lowered control arms or updated knuckles. A 4 inch lowered spring does not appear to be feasible.

So all roads lead to inez if more than 2/4. 3 in the front and alignment issues are huge unless you have unlimited tire funds. 4 well I guess you could do cut springs if it's a show truck

To me, the rear is easy, the front not so much.

Good luck, I'm buying the inez kit hopefully I can find or purchase just the front control arms. If no, lesson learned.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963