Belltech 2/5 drop help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcusB11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
So i got the kit installed and i noticed when i picked the truck up. The rear is lower than the front.
The front looks like it still factory height..

I know im not blind but i dont think the front was lowered..it does have the new shocks and coilovers tho.

Guy at the shop said coilovers are supposed to settle in bout a week?

Is this normal.
Truck is 08 ram 1500

Last edited:

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The front usually will tend to settle after it’s been driving around an the spring has had that weight on it an gone thru the normal driving conditions.

OP
OP
MarcusB11

MarcusB11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Heres the truck.
I can fit 3 fingers in the rear.
And exactly 5 fingers in the front.

Maybe since i dont have the hemi..theres not as much weight up front?

Ima give it a few more days....and im gonna get the adjusted/cut to make it level

20190227_082100.jpg

xtremeroller

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 & 2008
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That's definitely not level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

koggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air bags for the rear -which will also help with any kind of load you put in the bed, and level it. ...I'd tell those springs their going to be cut if they don't settle down!!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You should be able to see and for sure measure a 2.0" drop in the front. Most of the 1.0" lowering kits still make a noticeable difference in the front.

Did you use a complete kit from Belltech with lowering springs, lowering shackles and a flip kit with their supplied shocks/coilovers?

OP
OP
MarcusB11

MarcusB11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Heres a Feb 4, 2020 progress pic!
This was done almost a year ago but as yall can see i was busy. The shop heated the front springs to lower the front.

IMG_20200113_104006_500.jpg

OP
OP
MarcusB11

MarcusB11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Truck has a v6 its not as heavy as a v8 so thats why the suspension didn't settle after the kit was installed.
Yes..it was the first vehicle i ever purchased. All i could afford so i decided to at least have some fun.
But anyway the truck is the daily now hint hint

IMG_20200105_101414_640.jpg

Last edited:

John Huffman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had my '07 with the Hemi lowered with the Belltech kit back in July of last year. Mine was the same when I picked it up. I was told by the establishment that ordered the kit and did the work that the front would settle.... it didn't. I took it back and they made an adjustment. It still didn't help it fully. They called Belltech and was told that my leaf springs are wore out. The establishment said they cut could down the front springs or replace my leaf springs at an extra $400. The way it sits, I can't hail anything with any weight because the rear is already almost sitting on the bump stops. I never carry anything heavy so I'm surprised the leaf springs would be wore out already.

aRBee4863

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heres the truck.
I can fit 3 fingers in the rear.
And exactly 5 fingers in the front.

Maybe since i dont have the hemi..theres not as much weight up front?

Ima give it a few more days....and im gonna get the adjusted/cut to make it level

View attachment 157158

I had my '07 with the Hemi lowered with the Belltech kit back in July of last year. Mine was the same when I picked it up. I was told by the establishment that ordered the kit and did the work that the front would settle.... it didn't. I took it back and they made an adjustment. It still didn't help it fully. They called Belltech and was told that my leaf springs are wore out. The establishment said they cut could down the front springs or replace my leaf springs at an extra $400. The way it sits, I can't hail anything with any weight because the rear is already almost sitting on the bump stops. I never carry anything heavy so I'm surprised the leaf springs would be wore out already.

Yep, leaf springs are worn out. I replaced mine shortly after installing the kit and since I went with heavy duty springs(extra leaf), the rear popped up like 3 inches so it was actually higher than the front afterward. I fix it back to level by using the factory "short" shackles instead of the long ones that came with the Belltech kit. When I want to tow, however I switch back to the long shackles to give myself extra room