Belltech 963 nd No rear wobble at any speed !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don't have a wobble. I had the truck up to 90mph recently and it was pretty smooth. The problem I've run into has been the wheel and tire balance. I ordered wheels and tires as a package from on online vender and put them on right before the drop. They were shipped "balanced" ready to install. I found out that was not completely the case. Long story short, a couple of balances later finally at Discount Tire and the "flutter" is almost completely gone. I forget the exact verbiage he used, but the Discount Tire service manager said with all of the weights off, the tires were throwing the weight almost to the limit and he'd say that they are almost a bad set of tires.

I was afraid that the little bounce in the rear as in a little flutter feeling was what you guys were talking about? I haven't had any side to side wobble or sway. However I can attest to one of there other guys who left a post. If you are going fast with this kit and hit a bump it is going to be sporty....

I have pics on my instagram page @elvira5.7hemi

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I first cut some coils on my BT kit, I had no problems with death wobble as well. A couple of months ago, I ended up having to get a plug in my front right tire on a trip to get my nephew's dad from an airport 2 hours away. Apparently what punctured the tire broke a belt and the tire had some "interesting" wear, most notably a bulge and bald circle about 5 inches in diameter. I noticed it because I picked up the wobble at 82-85 mph. After getting new tires installed over the weekend, I have run it up to 102 and no more wobble.

I still think it is kind of odd that an issue on a front tire can cause the wobble but I'm guessing it induced enough vibration that passed through the frame to the rear end and started the wobble.

Any thoughts?

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When I first cut some coils on my BT kit, I had no problems with death wobble as well. A couple of months ago, I ended up having to get a plug in my front right tire on a trip to get my nephew's dad from an airport 2 hours away. Apparently what punctured the tire broke a belt and the tire had some "interesting" wear, most notably a bulge and bald circle about 5 inches in diameter. I noticed it because I picked up the wobble at 82-85 mph. After getting new tires installed over the weekend, I have run it up to 102 and no more wobble.

I still think it is kind of odd that an issue on a front tire can cause the wobble but I'm guessing it induced enough vibration that passed through the frame to the rear end and started the wobble.

Any thoughts?

I guess it could?

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI