Belltech questions from newb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67gto3spd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just bought a 2015 Ram rcsb. It has a 2/4 belltech kit already installed. Wanted to confirm that the springs look like they are supposed to. Hadn't seen any before with the top coils completely compressed together. Also I have a bumpstop gap of 1/2 an inch in the rear. Should they be cut? . Do you guys have problems with alignment at this drop level? I've got a little negative camber going on.

IMG_20180729_123412724.jpg

IMG_20180731_150332881_HDR.jpg

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks right to me. if you ever pull the rear coils, you'll see that they taper down to fit the cup on the lower perch.

cut those bumpstops. i'd bet it rides awkward and bouncy right now. i have belltech 2/4 on my truck with stock height 5100's in the rear on my quad cab, with airlift 1000 bags and while it does bounce with less air, i can fill up the rear bags and it takes away that little bounce. i cut my bumpstops way down, but i still plan to just cut the bumpstop cups completely. i only bottom out occasionally on really, really bad bumps when driving. with my mods the bumpstop cups aren't really necessary.

I eventually plan to do timber grove or airlift 5000 bags (the 1000 bags slip into the coil) and i'll never have contact between strike plate and bumpstop again and i'll be able to inflate to like 100psi lol

Tht1GrayRam48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep looks about the same when i had the belltech kit on and for the bump stops i juat used what they had in there kit

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
67gto3spd

67gto3spd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Appreciate the reply. I just thought a truly progressive rate spring wouldn't have the top leaves pressed together like that .
And yes I do have a lot of bounce .
Trying to decide if the Bilsteins would be that much of an improvement. Hadn't thought of air bags but I have a set on my GTO that improved the ride. Bumpstops have been cut since pic.

Last edited:

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate the reply. I just thought a truly progressive rate spring wouldn't have the top leaves pressed together like that .
And yes I do have a lot of bounce .
Trying to decide if the Bilsteins would be that much of an improvement. Hadn't thought of air bags but I have a set on my GTO that improved the ride. Bumpstops have been cut since pic.

I still have a little bounce with low PSI in the bags, but the bilsteins on all 4 corners helped get the ride just right for my tastes. I did 4600 up front paired with 5100 in rear. I tow fairly often though and wanted to maintain usability. stock shocks felt pretty good with the kit honestly, I just wanted the upgrade. bags will let you get more flexibility on stiffness in the rear, which is a win win to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk