Bench vs bucket - which goes lower?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panther88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I’m 6’6” and test drove a 2021 power wagon. Lowered the bench seat all the way and still felt like I was looking out the top edge of the windshield. Does anyone know if the bucket seat option goes lower than the bench? Trying to find a dealer with trucks with both configurations to test.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't know about the bench seat but the bucket seats do have many different positions. I'm not for sure of the number but I would think the bucket is much more adjustable.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don’t they both use the same bucket seat for both configurations? They don’t use a full bench like older trucks. The only difference from a bench to a center console is only the actually center as far as I knew.

OP
OP
P

Panther88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Don’t they both use the same bucket seat for both configurations? They don’t use a full bench like older trucks. The only difference from a bench to a center console is only the actually center as far as I knew.
That’s what I didn’t know. Thought maybe it was a completely different assembly.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
^^This. They will both have the same height adjustment range.

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You might need to be sure to get something without a sunroof. They will rob about 2 inches of total headroom.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Or get a taller seat & stick your head out of the sunroof

The Ram with the full floor console & the Ram with the center seat, i would think use the same seat

The Tradesman or Express models may come with a full bench seat option ?
If they do, i would not venture to guess at the height

Maybe you could check out those places that sell Low Rider Seats

This site may have something for you

Last edited: