Best all season tire that performs in snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rampower2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've had the Michelin L T X carry good tire in the snow and ice. now I have the falcon H/T good as well in the rain and snow

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had the Michelin L T X carry good tire in the snow and ice. now I have the falcon H/T good as well in the rain and snow

We haven’t really gotten a whole lotta snow around here to try my Michelin defenders out but I still love the heck out of them regardless. But for my next tire, those falken Wild peaks do look like a pretty neat tire but after looking up some, they are in fact about 50 bucks cheaper per tire but they’re also about 6 pounds heavier per tire even though they’re a SL tire so, I dunno. They have an extra 32nd of an inch more tread than the Michelin. I don’t really need any breed of all-terrain so I also checked out those ones you got, the Wild peak ht ht02’s but they come brand new with 2/32nds less tread as the Michelin’s and they’re only a pound less in weight per tire from the AT wild peaks which is strange.

It’s gonna be a while before I need tires, tho. My Michelin’s have a 70,000-mile treadwear warranty and even after almost two years and 14,000 miles, they still look as though they haven’t lost any tread. I’ll have to get my tread depth gauge out this weekend and see just how worn down they are but it ain’t much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Damn! I finally had the courage to check the brand of the tires that came with the truck.

Hankook DynaPro HT's.

Almost universally rated "meh" on tirerack, particularly for wet roads and snowy conditions.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted to stay with Michelin’s but I wasn't going to pay over $ 200 per tire

I hear ya but 70,000 miles, tho... if the rubber keeps holdin’ up to this Oklahoma heat, I see no problem running these tires for the next 4, 5 years as long as they don’t start cracking real bad.

Neumie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 8a
There’s another thread on this somewhere where I shared some thoughts on this.
Michelin Defender IMO not good on ice and snow
Cooper AT3 good in snow not great on ice (wear is minimal but won’t buy again—too much winter in MN)
Goodyear Wrangler AT w/ Kevlar good ice and snow
Goodyear Duratrac great ice and snow

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There’s another thread on this somewhere where I shared some thoughts on this.
Michelin Defender IMO not good on ice and snow
Cooper AT3 good in snow not great on ice (wear is minimal but won’t buy again—too much winter in MN)
Goodyear Wrangler AT w/ Kevlar good ice and snow
Goodyear Duratrac great ice and snow

Although TireRack has a high ice and light snow rating on the Defenders, they’re still not really an ideal tire for places that get a lost of snow and ice. You probably are better off with any of those last choices you mentioned but for places that don’t get a lot of snow and ice, those Michelin defenders are hard to beat if you want something that’ll do fairly well on the frozen stuff, but still run as a great street and summer tire for those that want a nice riding, quiet and long-lasting tire that also handles very well in heavy rain storms.

Even though I am crazy about my Defenders, they probably wouldn’t be my first choice or even my second or third choice if I lived where you did or practically anywhere up north that got hit with a ton of snow each winter. Pretty much any good full-blown A/T tire will work good in light and deep snow but for ice, you just can’t beat a good snow tire, whether it was one of those typical studded ones, or if it was the non-studdable snow tires which is probably what I’d be running to begin with if I lived in that kind of area.

parkerbows

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
imo BF Goodrich all terrain ko2. great tire

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
imo BF Goodrich all terrain ko2. great tire

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Those are good for off-road but the OP’s looking for a good P-rated tire that’ll yield good mileage so, those BFG A/T’s are kinda out.