Best application for AT tire shine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Pledge, (yes, the furniture polish), gives a nice matte look if you're not into a shine

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO if you let any of these products dry---completely dry--I think you'll reduce the sling problem. Also when you apply some products if you wipe it on and wipe it off well enough I think the sling problem will also be reduced. With a lot of the products, once you drive in rain or through a lot of water I think all bets are off.
Jay
I also have had problems applying in high humidity cities. So even if you let it sit overnight, the humidity keeps it at a resting 'wetness' and still causes sling, you know?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe it would work better in El Paso ----- LOL
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My tires have a very aggressive sidewall so tire dressing can be a challenge. I like using Areospace 303, it’s not wet looking but I never liked that look. I just want mine to look clean and new with a slight sheen and have a UV protection. No sling because there’s nothing to sling. I spray it on my tires, then use this brush to work it around. I then do the next tire, then when all 4 done I go back to first tire and use brush to work around any runs, works great imo. I have had my tires for a year now with not a hint of browning like other treatments give. No humidity issues and I'm in Houston.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/carrand-brush-and-shine-applicator.html#.Wt4syRZOmEd

D2A02448-6C74-48AB-AD6B-E2115E605DF0.jpeg

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I use Meguires Hot Shine foam, but I always wipe over the complete tire afterwards with an old microfiber towel. This gives the appearance of a new tire without the gloss and prevents any of the coating from slinging up on my paint. Works perfect for me.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My tires have a very aggressive sidewall so tire dressing can be a challenge. I like using Areospace 303, it’s not wet looking but I never liked that look. I just want mine to look clean and new with a slight sheen and have a UV protection. No sling because there’s nothing to sling. I spray it on my tires, then use this brush to work it around. I then do the next tire, then when all 4 done I go back to first tire and use brush to work around any runs, works great imo. I have had my tires for a year now with not a hint of browning like other treatments give. No humidity issues and I'm in Houston.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/carrand-brush-and-shine-applicator.html#.Wt4syRZOmEd

View attachment 140549
Time for my weekly Canadian whine:
That brush on your link for $4.99 is $17.99 here. I bought it anyways based on your review!

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up finding a great applicator!

Stain brush from the hardware store. Soft bristles get in the little crannies and it holds a lot of product. Also easy to keep the rim and driveway clean.
It’s the way to go!

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Griots satin black. Flat black no gloss but clean and dark. Spray on dries in seconds. I also use a rim brim so I dont have to re clean my rims after I spray

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spray on. This is 3 days worth of driving since I put it on. Also order a rim brim in your size rim, no mess no overspray no nothing 20190721_094644.jpg

SportySportSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked up the rim brim and will stick with my cardboard "rim brim". Take a piece of cardboard a string, tape measure and a marker. I have had the same cardboard 20 inch wheel cover for 7 or 8 years now. Punch a hole in the middle and then you have a finger hold. Cost you nothing vs the $24 rim brim.