Best Bed Cover/ Waterproof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I like my Undercover Flex folding tonneau but they are kind of pricey. Front stays dry but back end has typical leaks from tailgate gap. It's not bad really. Pretty versatile and sturdy. Nothing has broken in 4 years/40k miles.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Southpaw759

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just put mine on, still got to put the weather strip on but it looks like it will be pretty waterproof

E4FFE3D3-6EC2-4089-BF47-A996C3BF9A5F.jpeg

7C74014B-6180-4E37-AF9A-C37D505D2798.jpeg

TA462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Extang Trifecta 2.0 cover and it hasn't leaked yet. Its a great cover, folds up and can be removed in a minute if I need to take it off.

Burstingbb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife bought be a tri-fold cover from Rough Country. Not sure who actually makes it, but it is not a 'flush' type, it does sit on the rails. It's been water tight for me and I love it.

I've been looking at buying that exact one. Do you have a photo of it on the truck you can show?

JC_UF_ITK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a little late to this, but I currently have had the Rough County tri-fold on my 2017 Ram 1500 for just over a week and am in the process of returning it. I just can't seem to get the corners to tighten. The clips just seem too flimsy to hold the cover down firm enough.

I had a Bak Revolver on my 2015 Sierra and it was a pretty good cover. I'm still trying to find out what I'm going to switch to after the RC cover is returned.

northman11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an Undercover SE tonneau cover and it kept my truck bed bone dry. I'm talking about the worse rain storms and multiple North Carolina hurricanes.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I'm a little late to this, but I currently have had the Rough County tri-fold on my 2017 Ram 1500 for just over a week and am in the process of returning it. I just can't seem to get the corners to tighten. The clips just seem too flimsy to hold the cover down firm enough.

I had a Bak Revolver on my 2015 Sierra and it was a pretty good cover. I'm still trying to find out what I'm going to switch to after the RC cover is returned.

Check out the covers from @OEDRO under $200 for a hard tri fold and lifetime warranty. They’re a new vendor here.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Micah12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats a great deal for a hard cover and the life time warranty offering is nice, many i have seen online are just 2 year warranty.

Most covers will keep out the rain,

My tonneau has been on for 9 months and no issues with water outside of a few wet spots on the bed after the truck wash.

HM_SanDiego

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Hydro/Laser Blue CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out the covers from @OEDRO under $200 for a hard tri fold and lifetime warranty. They’re a new vendor here.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

I don’t think the oedro cover is a hard cover - looks like a nice soft cover, especially given the price point.

I had the Extang trifold hard cover on my last truck - kept things mostly dry, with only small amounts of water allowed in, and I really liked the added security of the hard folding cover, as well as the fact that the cover could be completely removed in a few minutes. If you shop eBay, you can pickup the Extang or comparable hard folding cover in the $400 range.

For a nice soft sided folding cover the oedro seems like a really nice option.

JC_UF_ITK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Oedro cover looks to have the same plastic latches as the Rough County soft tri-fold. I couldn't get mine to line up or tighten enough.

On a separate note, has anyone had any issues with plastic bed rail caps sticking down farther than the metal bed rail? My plastic seems to be about 1/4" longer and the latches on the bed cover are pulling up the plastic rail caps when tightening.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
MX4 Bakflip does the job looks good too. Low profile on the truck and locks down good. Also it folds up to the back of the cab to have the third brake light visible when driving and top is all the way up.

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My experience going back to my ‘74 Datsun 620 and about 2 dozen trucks later is that all tonneau covers leak. Caps are much better but they just leak less. If you need that much room to be waterproof you have to buy a van.