Best Camper Shell 2020 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
That's what we're here for bud!

Good luck finding the one you want. You wont regret buying a truck like this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Calling them as soon as they open. 6 HR drive which is nothing. Hopefully have it in the driveway by the end of the day.

PowerWagon2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I have a ARE on my 2019+ PW. All I will say is it was not a fun experience.
1st one was built wrong and was a poor fit, 2nd one was the correct design (cab angle was better) but one of the side windows was put in crooked. 6 trips later to the ARE dealer (who did his best to help me) I have thrown in the towel. My time is worth something and I done wasting it on this. I see lots of better options listed here. Good Luck!

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
I have a ARE on my 2019+ PW. All I will say is it was not a fun experience.
1st one was built wrong and was a poor fit, 2nd one was the correct design (cab angle was better) but one of the side windows was put in crooked. 6 trips later to the ARE dealer (who did his best to help me) I have thrown in the towel. My time is worth something and I done wasting it on this. I see lots of better options listed here. Good Luck!

Man, sounds like a crappy experience for sure.

Pics?

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an ARE on my '16. Bought it used this spring and was told it was originally on a '12 model...it's in really good shape for the age but don't know the history of it (parked in a garage or outdoors, etc...). It has the prop open windows on each side and the factory option tool boxes, along with LED lights for the side boxes and the tailgate hatch that are on prop switches (turn on when the windows are opened). Fit and finish seem decent. The bottom rails on the cap kinda' have a lip that fits over the bed sides to line it up side to side and front to back. All the latches and hinges work good.

There are different models out there that I think look a little better, mainly because the side windows on the cap match the side truck windows in regards to being the same height. Don't think this one looks bad though...........especially for $550.

The tool boxes and flip up sides windows are really nice to have. Took the family on vacation this summer in the truck and it's really nice to put the smaller luggage and other frequently used items on the sides. Makes it way easier to access those without digging through the entire bed. Obviously helps organization. We worried about room for bigger items in the back but it hasn't been an issue because the boxes really don't stick inwards further than the wheelwells. Never removed them but looks fairly easy with a few bolts.

The lights on the prop switches are a must in my opinion. So nice to just open the hatches and the lights come on.

The front cap window is a slider, and the truck has a rear slider, but I've never had the cap slider open.

Would like to have it carpeted/lined inside as my plans are to sleep in it every once in awhile (did in my old truck) but not a huge deal. The other big thing that would be nice to have is locks that work with the truck FOB.
IMG_8114.JPG IMG_8116.JPG IMG_8129.JPG IMG_8140.JPG

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
The top tier ARE shell has the best/strongest hinge and the only choice for me. Perfect paint match and the best glass. They cost a little more but worth it for the long haul.

RixRox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Come on guys, whats the best camper shell out there?

I have had a Leer Camper shell for almost Four years. It fits good, looks good and hasn’t faded. I live in Arizona btw.

I bought it to move from Georgia to here and was going to sell it when I was done with it, but decided not to because of it’s looks and practicality.

Sarah Nunez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did a lot of researching and just ended up ordering a Snugtop. I looked at the RLD's and RSI's as well as ARE, Leer and a few others. Snugtop had the best reviews with regards to fitment, paint and warranty work and fit my needs the best.

Options I went with were keyless entry w/upgraded handle, (2) sliding windoors, Thule tracks (no rack), Sportsman's package (double reinforced/insulated - 500 lb load capacity), and upgraded lighting.

Should be seeing it in 4-6 weeks - pretty pumped! And I know my shorthairs will be as well lol. The Gunner Kennels work well, but I know this will definitely make it more enjoyable for them on those -10 degree morning hunts!
Can you shoot me the interior dimension? Im looking for the width from were it connects, i want to make sure my tool box will open. I just ordered mine