Best Carpet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyRamFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
About to weld up the floorplan and then replace the carpet on my 1991 Dodge ram W150

Where do you guys try to get carpets from? I dont mind spending a bit more if it's a really good carpet.
So far I hear Auto Custom carpet does good but their carpet is about six inches short in the rear.

Is there anything else that i should take care of while I'm in that area? I've heard that the "slider" on the driver side (the thing that blows cool air on your feet) is the reason the floor pan probably rusted in the first place. Anything I can do to keep it in function but also not let it rust stuff?

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I haven't heard ACC carpets were short. Of course, I haven't personally seen their stuff either. Rockauto sells their carpets, they generally sell quality stuff.

the kick panel vent might be a source of rust but I would doubt that's what caused your floor to rust. if you take the vent cover off, you'll see there's actually about 5 inch drop so any water would have to collect then spill over into the floor. there are drain holes but they would have to be clogged as well. you'd probably see rust holes in the space behind the vent if this were the case.

more likely, wet shoes soaking the carpet and water trapped in the carpet padding is the real culprit. I'd make sure you seal the floor with good paint/epoxy after you weld it in.

OP
OP
RustyRamFan

RustyRamFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks reek,

I'll make sure to expoxy it!
I'm glad the kick panel vent probably isn't the issue