Best gear oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We sell a ton of Red Line gear oil. it is a great gear oil. I run it in my vehicles. Message me if you need a quote on any Red Line products

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That yellow looks great on that ram. Yours ?

Yep, that's my baby. Played hell finding one, they're rare for some reason...

Next question: if I plan on moderate towing - small/mid size travel trailer - is it recommended to go with a deeper diff cover?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yep, that's my baby. Played hell finding one, they're rare for some reason...

Next question: if I plan on moderate towing - small/mid size travel trailer - is it recommended to go with a deeper diff cover?

Its not something you haft to have but will help keep the diff cool with the extra 1 1/2 quarts of fluid.
These diffs run pretty warm so thats why I added mine.

20180705_203430_HDR.jpg

daberk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have ~32k on my truck now. I don't tow anything and 90% of driving is on road and not short trips or a lot of stop and go. I do plan to keep the truck for a long time. I am using Amsoil in the engine and was thinking about changing out transmission, diffs and t-case to Amsoil products as well. A lot of the treads I've read seem to suggest that this would not be necessary given that type of use.

Are the factory fluids synthetic? Would this be a worthwhile investment to do now or am I just wasting money?

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the factory puts oil in anything and puts a warranty on those parts does anyone really think their oils are bad?
Throw your money to me instead of hype.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:D I always use Mobil 1 gear oil when it meets the service # requirements... One simple reason, it's the least STINKY gear oil I know of!

Hate the smell of most gear oils :(