Best headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So how loud are long tube headers? Can they be reasonably tolerable if you get them with CATs? I like efficiency but I also want something pleasant for cruising.

It all depends on what you have for the rest of the exhaust. Generally LT's with high flow cats are louder than stock obviously but no where near LT's w/o cats. they can be very tolerable but it all depends on what catback you are running. If your exhaust setup is loud now and you add LT's with HF cats its going to be louder.

Message me for info and quotes. We offer most brands and we offer discounts to the members here!

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I
It all depends on what you have for the rest of the exhaust. Generally LT's with high flow cats are louder than stock obviously but no where near LT's w/o cats. they can be very tolerable but it all depends on what catback you are running. If your exhaust setup is loud now and you add LT's with HF cats its going to be louder.

Message me for info and quotes. We offer most brands and we offer discounts to the members here!

I have a Flowmaster Muffler on it. Came on the pickup when I bought it. Probably wouldn't have been my first choice but hey it sounds ok for not having to directly buy it. It's tolerable now but was concerned with putting headers on how obnoxious it could get.

No broken bolts or ticking yet but figured if it happens, i might go all out for the work involved.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I

I have a Flowmaster Muffler on it. Came on the pickup when I bought it. Probably wouldn't have been my first choice but hey it sounds ok for not having to directly buy it. It's tolerable now but was concerned with putting headers on how obnoxious it could get.

No broken bolts or ticking yet but figured if it happens, i might go all out for the work involved.

Personally if your going to do headers get rid of the Flowmaster. It is a chambered muffler that will restrict flow. Go with a straight thru design. We can set you up with a quieter muffler that will still flow better than a FM.

Let me know if you need any help getting a parts list and pricing together