Best Headlight Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like a lot of really great options out there for headlights. My reflector housing is the first thing to go on my 2015 Big Horn. The light output is dismal, and the options for projectors with HID or LED seem like a good bet.
If you want to save a lot of cash try a set of LED bulbs in your quad reflectors. On Amazon Fahren or Cougar Motor H9 bulbs are about $50 per pair. These are the blade type LED bulbs with chips on only two sides. They are CANBUS ready so they won’t throw light out messages. Properly clock bulbs and aim the headlights for proper cutoff. You’ll be surprised at the difference from halogen and how good the lighting is from the stock reflector housings. They may not be as good as projector lenses but for about $100 total for high and low beams they sure save a lot of money.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have the projectors in my '16 Sport and the light output was horrible. Swapped in the LED's, clocked and aimed them, and like driving in daytime now 10,000% better.

More people flash lights at me in my Caddy CT6, with the OEM LED's and proper aim, than when I am in the truck.

Warren Macdonald

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found my way here after returning two sets of LED's (so far)... Along the way have discovered there may be two types of headlight assemblies for the 2017 1500, one for the newer models and one for classic; though still not entirely sure about that.

I suppose the question now is has anyone found a decent LED bulb that fits under the dust cover?
Mone are not the round covers, bu tthe ones with the 5 screws holding it down.

Along the way have also discovered there are deeper aftermarket covers available, but woudl love to get away with the OEM covers if I can as I'm up here in Canada, a long way away from amazon and same day shipping...

Thanks in advance.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like these so far, not a bad dead spot like most.
HIKARI 2023 Future 30000LM 9005 HB3 LED Bulbs, 65W Titanova LED, High Lumens LED DRL Kit, 6000K Cool White, IP68 Waterproof, Halogen Upgrade Replacement, 9145 9140 Foglight https://a.co/d/iDhPq5c

These ive read dont have much of a dead spot, not as bright as some others but good beam pattern.
AUXITO 9005 LED Bulbs, Mini Sized, CanBus Ready, 80W 16,000 Lumens 500% Brighter 9005 HB3 LED Light Bulb Conversion Kit, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2 https://a.co/d/52267NN

I went by what bulbfacts tested and they update their testing also.

One Mile Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
IMO, get whatever bulb suits your fancy...

HOWEVER -- I'd _personally_ recommend sticking to companies who have top-notch customer service AND actually stick behind their products. I have returned "top-shelf" LED's (horrible dead spot) for HID's and have had to get a warranty replacement for one of my ballasts... (this was ALL through Headlight Revolution... with NO issues what-so-ever!)

I unfortunately just had to get Diode Dynamics to warranty replace my SS3 LED pods as well because they took in water (they're supposed to be sealed) and a few LED's burned out. They have an 8yr warranty and sent me a set of new pods as a replacement in 24hr's!

At the end of the day... I'm just realizing how much of a pain in the butt all of these light upgrades has been -- but -- I'd do it all over again because my setup is modern now (BRIGHT / white) and I can light up the night like it's daytime!

Just my .02¢ :cheers: