Best Jump Pack for our Trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I realize this could go in the 4th gen 2500 forum so you can move it if you want. Looking to toss a jump pack in my truck. What one has worked well for people?

Thanks.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My trucks not lifted so I don't need one. I can just step down.
The lithium ones hold a charge the longest and are much more compact, but heat can be an issue and the batteries tend to fail in less time than you'd expect, but if it doubles as a charger/power supply while camping etc then it's worth it imho for the couple years I'd expect to get out of them and if they're also battery chargers they usually still work as that plugged into 120v even with the batteries toast so at least they're still good for something. Myself I just stick to a decent set of jumper cables.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I use the micro start xp 10 heavy duty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ps
I have to get one too and will post back when a choice is made.

Let me know what you're getting.

:shocked:

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I have had to use mine a couple times now. Holds it charge and works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
My trucks not lifted so I don't need one. I can just step down.
The lithium ones hold a charge the longest and are much more compact, but heat can be an issue and the batteries tend to fail in less time than you'd expect, but if it doubles as a charger/power supply while camping etc then it's worth it imho for the couple years I'd expect to get out of them and if they're also battery chargers they usually still work as that plugged into 120v even with the batteries toast so at least they're still good for something. Myself I just stick to a decent set of jumper cables.

cables are fine if there is someone around to jump you, or if you can get another car close enough. Both might be better than just one.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Noco which is two years old now. It lives in my aluminum toolbox in the bed and has literally been to the Arctic Ocean prior year as well as Arizona this last summer. So it’s seen plenty of temperature extremes and a lot of shaking on bad roads and no roads. I’ve used it a handful of times.
Got it wet one time when a water bottle ruptured in my toolbox too. I don’t think any got inside it, but the outside was soaked.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will say that jump packs are usually way easier and faster to use as compared to jumper cables. No flagging down another vehicle and trying to get it positioned in the right spot.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I have a Noco which is two years old now. It lives in my aluminum toolbox in the bed and has literally been to the Arctic Ocean prior year as well as Arizona this last summer. So it’s seen plenty of temperature extremes and a lot of shaking on bad roads and no roads. I’ve used it a handful of times.
Got it wet one time when a water bottle ruptured in my toolbox too. I don’t think any got inside it, but the outside was soaked.

Which NOCO?

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
GB70 should be good for any gasser needs. If you think you'll be jumping a diesel, as a good Smartian, probably need to step up to the 150 or 500.