Best Level For Air Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems like the best quality ride for pavement driving is the "normal" level. Would you fellow air riders agree?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
it is the only setting without restrictions also.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Yes I would agree it is as well. This is 2nd truck I have had with air ride....my 2014 Would default to nornal ride hieght and remain there until I exceeded 62 MPH for a short time then lower to areo ....then when under 25mph or stop it would default back to normal and indicate as such.

Can you guys tell me what happens when you set your new 19 to normal? I go to Normal then go on highway over 62 it goes to areo and stays there no matter what speed I go back to or stop it just stays in the aero and not in Normal unless I set it to go into normal manually. Any one else have the issue with their 19?

OP
OP
Sportznut

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I would agree it is as well. This is 2nd truck I have had with air ride....my 2014 Would default to nornal ride hieght and remain there until I exceeded 62 MPH for a short time then lower to areo ....then when under 25mph or stop it would default back to normal and indicate as such.

Can you guys tell me what happens when you set your new 19 to normal? I go to Normal then go on highway over 62 it goes to areo and stays there no matter what speed I go back to or stop it just stays in the aero and not in Normal unless I set it to go into normal manually. Any one else have the issue with their 19?
Did you get your answer?

19Streak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

My 19 defaults back to normal everytime I come to a stop.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an issue with mine dealer still trying to solve. It will not default to Normal. it always defaults to Aero and when I check or uncheck aero in settings it makes no difference. Bad part is dealer has no experience with the 4 corner suspension.Dealer is researching to find out why? It will work properly on all manual settings but will not default automatically to normal ride height. So currently while they research it I just put the truck in Normal Ride and leave it there.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get your answer?

No just the last one.....My understanding as how it should work and did on my old 14 was from exit it should go to NRH then over 62 mph for a minute it should go to aero ...then below 25MPH or a complete stop it should go back to NRH and Exit/Entry when I choose so below 25 MPH.

Right now it will go to exit/entry by me setting it which is correct but then it goes to aero and stays there after 25 MPH unless I select NRH manual. Its weird ...truck has no codes what so ever as if its normal...lol.

OP
OP
Sportznut

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is weird. I have gotten to the point I just leave it in normal. Rides nice.

But of course it is always fun to hit the fob to show friends.

I would assume the dealer will reset yours somehow. Good luck and let us know how it ends up.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will update once they figure out what the problem is. One of the guys at the dealer was in favor of replacing the suspension module. They also are looking to see if a flash may be available but with no codes being thrown its difficult to find a flash fix they are saying.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is weird. I have gotten to the point I just leave it in normal. Rides nice.

But of course it is always fun to hit the fob to show friends.

I would assume the dealer will reset yours somehow. Good luck and let us know how it ends up.

If I select Normal it deploys fine.....but when I exceed 62 mph it defaults to aero with our with out aero checked in the settings menu and stays there until you either select exit/Entry or normal modes.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealer took truck in a few minutes yesterday to do a scan from the ODB port. Tell me they have no idea how to get it to work in auto mode like its supposed to,very annoying to run around in aero mode all the time I forget to set it back to Normal mode..lol.

CHADWICK PHILLIPS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi etorque
I've noticed twice now that if I use the fob to lower the truck the next time I drove off it stays in entry mode no matter what speed I hit.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've noticed twice now that if I use the fob to lower the truck the next time I drove off it stays in entry mode no matter what speed I hit.

Thats odd....I never have tried using the fob yet....But I will and let you know what I find too.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
****** Update on the Air Suspension not defaulting to NRH. ********Went to a different dealer today who fixed it in an hour. The tech. rest all additives and re flashed. Works normal now.
The advise here to go to a different dealer is very good advise for any issue one dealer cannot resolve! :)

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hmmm, well mine stays in Aero too, but I actually like that functionality. I was always annoyed by the fact my 2015 would raise up at a stop light.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
****** Update on the Air Suspension not defaulting to NRH. ********Went to a different dealer today who fixed it in an hour. The tech. rest all additives and re flashed. Works normal now.
The advise here to go to a different dealer is very good advise for any issue one dealer cannot resolve! :)

Sad it's come to that, but great advice.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sad it's come to that, but great advice.

yes Sir! It did how ever go back to sticking in aero mode again....The 2nd dealer then opened a "star case" had the truck for a week and its fixed or working right since I got it back Wednesday. They said someone at factory set the modules for the Air in Metric not standard causing Suspension modules to not reset properly. It been great last three days so far!

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm, well mine stays in Aero too, but I actually like that functionality. I was always annoyed by the fact my 2015 would raise up at a stop light.

I let it go like that for awhile until it stuck in E/E mode with air shocks all way down. At that point When I tried to raise the suspension manually it would not come out,luckily I was not pulling a trailer with a good load on it!

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I let it go like that for awhile until it stuck in E/E mode with air shocks all way down. At that point When I tried to raise the suspension manually it would not come out,luckily I was not pulling a trailer with a good load on it!

Yea I have towed twice and have been a bit worried, but once in tow mode it seems to hold normal.