Best Level For Air Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sportznut

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes Sir! It did how ever go back to sticking in aero mode again....The 2nd dealer then opened a "star case" had the truck for a week and its fixed or working right since I got it back Wednesday. They said someone at factory set the modules for the Air in Metric not standard causing Suspension modules to not reset properly. It been great last three days so far!
What is the latest on your truck? All still good with the air ride?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
What is the latest on your truck? All still good with the air ride?

No Sir! All was fine until I pulled a flat bed trailer. Went in to tow haul mode to pull trailer all was well entire trip with trailer. Unhooked trailer no issues. Next morning went to leave,truck defaulted back to aero mode again.Truck went back to dealer,they reopened star case on it could not find out why it was doing it. FCA advised replace the suspension module which will arrive next week and put it on. I am driving truck okay until part arrives.

OP
OP
Sportznut

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No Sir! All was fine until I pulled a flat bed trailer. Went in to tow haul mode to pull trailer all was well entire trip with trailer. Unhooked trailer no issues. Next morning went to leave,truck defaulted back to aero mode again.Truck went back to dealer,they reopened star case on it could not find out why it was doing it. FCA advised replace the suspension module which will arrive next week and put it on. I am driving truck okay until part arrives.
Well that is not good. Hope this gets resolved.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well that is not good. Hope this gets resolved.

Thanks for the kind word! I thought the module from the first time the issue started,but for some reason they wanted to follow protocol. The module is still awaiting expedited special shipping from FCA as of Thursday 11-29-18 since the part needed is on back order. ( 60 grand Spent was never on back order!) Its was a week this past Monday. I can drive the truck okay but not Pulling any thing until the module is installed. Total time truck has been in shop since new is two weeks for the same issue.

I think the module replacement will cure the problem. Just a shame one has to wait over a week for a part and fight this issue since I got the truck in August 5500 miles ago to still be unresolved. I bet if I told the loan company payments are on back order they would be okay with it! ( sarcastic grin!) I will keep all posted.

bigred2211

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
I know this an old thread, but mine does the same thing...stuck in aero mode

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a good sign at all. Ended up having a buy back on mine to get it resolved. New one has no issues and on 1500 miles so far.

Iowa ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine works fine, will stay in aero if set to that, or if set Normal, lowers once speed is fast enough, and will reset to Normal when under the 62 mph.
havent tried fob yet.

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Mine works fine, will stay in aero if set to that, or if set Normal, lowers once speed is fast enough, and will reset to Normal when under the 62 mph.
havent tried fob yet.

That is pretty much the way mine is running. My understanding is that this is the way it is supposed to operate. I guess I am lucky it is operating normally.

My fob operation seems somewhat finicky, but I am guessing that has more to do with my working it properly than the fob not working correctly. I had issues with the remote start until I got the fob presses down just right. I simply don't use the fob to lower the truck much.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, is there no way to just code the thing so one can level (raise the front), or stop all of the auto adjust stuff?