Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you get the radio knobs off? I have a set silver ones to install and dont want to start pulling and prying without some idea of whats going on.
They friction fit over stock knobs. I tried several versions, the link below are in pix, fit PERFECT, 2014 CC as you see. The others fit AC but just a hair loose on 2 smaller for some reason, might need the 2 sided tape the enclosed. Mine needed NO tape

Voodonala for Challenger Charger Air Conditioner Switch CD Button Knob for Dodge Challenger Charger 2015-2019(Aluminum Alloy Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V2G8VBK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_ZBWZEbR91XF32

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

tnmotown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Added this today, Was just under $100 can shipped.
Can honestly say it does make a difference in Throttle response, fuel economy and power...no way, just makes the loud pedal respond a hell of a lot faster (on max setting CRAZY FAST...like roast the tires with ease).
I took a chance on this, only time will tell if it causes any issuesView attachment 209378

Ordered one also, should be in next week. For $65, seems like a deal to me

bmans5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7L HEMI VVT V8 w/FuelSaver MDS
Ordered one also, should be in next week. For $65, seems like a deal to me

I am not totally sold on it, it seems to be either super on, or super off....can't find the setting I like. the EC setting are all WAY week, the HH setting even on 1 will lurch the truck from a green light...might just me adjusting to it though....

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hold on to your hats fellas. This one is free! Well, the price of a marker.....

I coloured my tonneau cover label black with a permanent marker. Am I bored ? Yes. Did it turn out ok? No. It’ll need a 2nd or 3rd coat for sure. But I like the progress thus far. I’m sure it’ll turn out amazing. #murderedout lol.

Also, I can’t post pics because Tapatalk says I reached my monthly quota [emoji867].

60% of the time it works every time....

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
AlfaOBD app and the BAFX OBDII BT adapter. This combination keeps the total cost under the $100 ceiling and best of all, it works!!

AlfaOBD is a great tool.

keeping this for future reference..

Sent from my Blue Onyx RAM 1500

ISKRA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Custom engine bay lights: $10

Super bright, even total illumination for a night time fix. I like this way better than the OEM light as this puts out way more illumination.

Parts:

- LED light strip, 5050 SMD IP67 cool white, 300 LEDs/5m length off of eBay for $4. The Buy It Now price is higher so I went for the bid.

- Ball bearing switch, which is on when the hood is up, off when you close the hood, $4 at a local shop for a 10 pack.

- Harbor Freight 8” black zip ties for $2

Very easy to do. Simply:

1. Pull down the engine bay liner by pulling the retaining clips out

2. Place the LED strip where you want, cut if desired, then wire the strip in series.

3. Cut small slits on both sides of the LED strip, then use those slits to pass the zip tie through and secure. Personal preference: please the female end of the zip tie on the backside of the lining so it is not visible/cleaner look.

4. I couldn’t find the part number for the male plug for the OEM engine bay light, so I spiced into the harness on the passenger side where the OEM plug is. It is a constant power so that is why a ball bearing or mercury switch is needed.

5. Have enough wire to run down the hood support arm to the plug above the firewall, put the lining up and you’re done!

You can chose any color LED you want, but I recommend IP67 rated for and water that it would be exposed to. If you want to go the extra mile, you can get the RGB LED light strips then you can change to any color you want, then have it flash patterns (DO NOT DO ON THE ROAD). There are kits out there in excess of $20 with a hood switch, but only a short length of an LED strip. I like my method for the price so options are out there. Lastly, you can wire this to a switch instead of a ball bearing/mercury switch.

Enjoy your new illumination!

D4468CA0-751F-49DB-A3F6-9E40D14AB15F.jpeg

Todd M Hogan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Ok... AJT Designs is BA:cool:

View attachment 210779
I ordered these in red last week and don't really like them, would prefer black so ill let the red ones go to someone that wants them for cheap

How bored are we that money is spent on this stuff!

Here's what I do with things that I may regret buying in the future.

Write it down and if I still want it in 30 days I buy it.

Usually if I put it on the list I don't.

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found this cup holder organizer on amazon... it was listed for a Jeep Grand Cherokee but fits the middle cup holder of the fold down console. I’m digging it so far, can fit my phone and wallet in it and still utilize the cup holder if needed.:cool:
4B079E27-A014-4BB9-B24F-49F1D5723913.jpeg

Last edited: