Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NanaW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Made the whole backseat for my dogs but can be easily folded away for passengers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
Where did you mount the "push button" for the air horn? Any pics?

I mounted it on the flat spot just behind and below the parking brake release handle, in the plastic there. Nobody would ever know it’s there unless they reached for the brake release and found it accidentally. Truck is gone now, traded in so no pics unfortunately.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took the female half of the plug to an automotive audio store and got them to make me a couple pigtails then after fishing the wires from the strips through the fabric, I spliced them together and heat shrink wrapped them.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I took the female half of the plug to an automotive audio store and got them to make me a couple pigtails then after fishing the wires from the strips through the fabric, I spliced them together and heat shrink wrapped them.
Got any pics of the pig tails?

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got any pics of the pig tails?
I don’t have pics of mine however I found these pics from another member here.
35626C53-3BD6-436A-BA05-AC3C6D4B9E77.jpeg 5B0F0981-3E6A-4DD5-AACD-8625FEAE39D1.jpeg
You just get these pin ends crimped on you wires then insert them into the back of the half of the connector that doesn’t have wires.
Separate your connectors then slide the white side pieces forward, insert your pin ends of the wires then pull the white side pieces back. They lock your wires in place. Then re connect the two halves of your connectors.
Hopefully this helps.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don’t have pics of mine however I found these pics from another member here.
View attachment 243111 View attachment 243112
You just get these pin ends crimped on you wires then insert them into the back of the half of the connector that doesn’t have wires.
Separate your connectors then slide the white side pieces forward, insert your pin ends of the wires then pull the white side pieces back. They lock your wires in place. Then re connect the two halves of your connectors.
Hopefully this helps.
Thanks I appreciate that!

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Catch can doesn’t “add” HP. IT MIGHT help prevent noticeable loss due to crap in the intake over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Why does Amazon have so many Dee Zees to choose from??? This one is the best for Rams???
Hard to say. I guessing some are fake, some are knock offs, some are real but sold by different vendors for different prices. I'm sure there's a ton more reasons. The one I show is the one I purchased about 2.5 years ago and it's still going strong. You might check with @Nick@GotExhaust though. He might have a better price.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Hard to say. I guessing some are fake, some are knock offs, some are real but sold by different vendors for different prices. I'm sure there's a ton more reasons. The one I show is the one I purchased about 2.5 years ago and it's still going strong. You might check with @Nick@GotExhaust though. He might have a better price.

THNX, just wanted to make sure I got the right one. Your testimony is good enough for me.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got my dee zee from amazon. 4 years and no issues.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hey guys, this is definitely under 100 bucks. Never be afraid of trying to do something yourself. This was only my second time vinyl wrapping. I'm sure I will get better and faster in time.
Here's my cost breakdown:

Vinyl wrap $12.99
Tool kit $8.99
Painters tape $2.99
Microfiber cloth $14.99
Heat gun $24.99

Total $64.95 before tax [emoji38]

Loving the look of her rear end as I walk away......
PRICELESS

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk