Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A forum member named Wadestar makes some pretty good blind spot mirrors and a phone holder for those with center consoles...great guy to boot.

RPC Phone Holder Converts The Business Card Holder Into a Cell Phone Holder in Select 2009-15 Dodge Ram Trucks - Medium https://amazon.com/dp/B018DP8TOW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AswuEb659QNQ9

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
what SitKneelBend said!!! Wadestar! Great guy and these are perfect oem fit. I have 2, One just for slim case on phone, one that fits a slim fast charge pad. Works great. Phone always charging while in case.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Round 2 for me on this mod :p
Custom Dash Emblem “Warlock” Version 2 - silver background with gloss finish. I like that it matches the satin trim on my truck. Also, my brother in law thought the emblem came stock with my truck, so kudos to Nate at rebadge!
6AE0A1C0-C15F-410B-9AC6-4C91B10CF343.jpeg

Last edited:

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed LED switchbacks using the reach behind method (no light removal)... worked perfect!!!
OBDMX is getting here in a day or 2 but using running lights with fogs on and they work perfect, I will probably NEVER set them to be my DRLs by themselves...

I now have an extra pair of huge LED Turn Signal lights...

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed LED switchbacks using the reach behind method (no light removal)... worked perfect!!!
OBDMX is getting here in a day or 2 but using running lights with fogs on and they work perfect, I will probably NEVER set them to be my DRLs by themselves...

I now have an extra pair of huge LED Turn Signal lights...
Which ones did you go with?

2017 Lonestar CC Brilliant Black Pearl

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PC-3157-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I actually bought them by mistake for my 2007 that was totaled in Oct, and I dug them out for my 2017... it says on Ebay they were not supposed to be "compatible" but they work perfect so far, AND they are 3157 so I don't see how they cannot work. They are as bright as I need them to be.
Would mind detailing hiw you have them setup? Configured as DRL? Are they white for DRL and then drop out to yellow for turn signal? What changes are required to make this work?

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would mind detailing hiw you have them setup? Configured as DRL? Are they white for DRL and then drop out to yellow for turn signal? What changes are required to make this work?

I don't have them set as DRL yet... I got AlphaOBD but didn't configure yet...
There were just Plug and play... when driving lights are on they are white till blinker kicks in, then they are an amber turn signal... then back to white.
I used the EASY CHANGE method thru the wheel well, just took out stock blinkers and pluged these in... worked without configuring anything

(however, during daytime they are NOT the brightest on the market)

Check out Big Daddy's Videos on how to EZ change them and also his SwitchBacks he bought... they are brighter.
Big Daddy also has a VID on DRL config

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have them set as DRL yet... I got AlphaOBD but didn't configure yet...
There were just Plug and play... when driving lights are on they are white till blinker kicks in, then they are an amber turn signal... then back to white.
I used the EASY CHANGE method thru the wheel well, just took out stock blinkers and pluged these in... worked without configuring anything

(however, during daytime they are NOT the brightest on the market)

Check out Big Daddy's Videos on how to EZ change them and also his SwitchBacks he bought... they are brighter.
Big Daddy also has a VID on DRL config
I appreciate the info. I have AlphaODB and have my stock parking lamps configured as DRL. I have read about problems getting switchbacks to work with White DRL and then Amber Turn Signals. Just trying to see what is working for different setups.

Last edited: