Best replacement radio for stock 5" LCD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wirekat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I've about had it with the stock 5" LCD radio volume and delay issues and am looking for a non-Ram replacement.
I just checked Crutchflield and they "don't recommend replacing the radio in your vehicle" because they don't have any that will work/fit.
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman with the bone stock 5" LCD screen.
I've been reading all the complaints and I'm just tired of dealing with it.
No one including Ram can offer any solution to the radio defaulting on startup to radio at the last volume settings (BT) and the delay
that doesn't allow you to turn it down for 4-5 seconds.

Any radio replacement suggestions?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've about had it with the stock 5" LCD radio volume and delay issues and am looking for a non-Ram replacement.
I just checked Crutchflield and they "don't recommend replacing the radio in your vehicle" because they don't have any that will work/fit.
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman with the bone stock 5" LCD screen.
I've been reading all the complaints and I'm just tired of dealing with it.
No one including Ram can offer any solution to the radio defaulting on startup to radio at the last volume settings (BT) and the delay
that doesn't allow you to turn it down for 4-5 seconds.

Any radio replacement suggestions?
I'd tend to trust what Crutchfield says about a non-Ram replacement. They're not in the business to not sell you something. Might want to consider replacing it with the 8.4" system, like was suggested above.

OP
OP
W

Wirekat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks but I think the Ram units are the issue. Sorry, not spending $2,700, tearing apart the dash only to find the same issue. :cool:

HighShyGuy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a 2018 tradesman that had the stock 5" radio. When I bought it 6 months ago I put in a Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX 10.1 inch radio with maestro idatalink.
It was great, the maestro allowed me to still control the factory options like trailer, park sense etc.
I did pull it out and swapped to a 8.4 uconnect as I am upgrading the interior.
In a way I liked it better as the screen was larger, has wireless AA with no dongles. The down side was I never got the USB hub to work, insimply ran a USB cable from the radio out the bottom of the dash. One could make it work, I just didn't bother.

I will be putting this up for sale when I have time to list properly (pics with name etc).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221126-110756_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126-110756_Gallery.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye