Best shocks? 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18 Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I’d like to know your personal opinions and experiences with the shocks y’all have used after replacing the oem ones on the 2500s. My truck has the yellow and blue bilsteins on them from the factory I’d like to know what the best upgrade would be after these go out. I do tow for work almost every day but any little bit to help the ride quality would be nice although it’s a 2500 it’s obviously not going to be an amazing ride. I’ve heard things like fox rides nice but isn’t the best for handling but I’d like to know your experiences and thoughts. Thanks

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s like asking about oil and filters. You’re going to get all kinds of responses.

The Bilsteins are the 4600’s, they are good shocks.

For a smoother ride change the coils.

OP
OP

18 Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It’s like asking about oil and filters. You’re going to get all kinds of responses.

The Bilsteins are the 4600’s, they are good shocks.

For a smoother ride change the coils.
I figured. Not necessarily prioritizing a smoother ride I was just wondering if I should be looking at replacing them with anything other than what already on there once they give out.

Gear Jammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
On my truck I have Thuren leveling coils in the front, when I installed them I also installed Bilstien 5100's all the way around. The ride was as good as stock with the leveling kit installed, or maybe a little better, but on small bumps the Bilstein's seemed harsh to me. I ran the 5100's for about six months and then switched to Fox shocks from Thuren, and I feel like these shocks ride better than the 5100's on small or large bumps. I used to have a 2016 2500 with the Hemi and put Thuren coils and shocks on it, I felt like the ride improvement in that truck with the front radius arms and rear coils was much more noticeable than in my current truck with the front 4-link and still running factory rear leaf's.