Best spray-in BED LINER?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins diesel
I'm trying to finish out the box on my new 2020 Laramie 2500: both bed liner and shell.

Anyone have thoughts on best spray-in bed liner? Rhino Lining is closest and easiest for me. $450 for my short box.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would say Line-X or Rhino lining as both have been around for a long time. I have had both altho it has been a long time since I have had Rhino lining. Rhino lining place here went out of Biz so LineX is what I put in my new truck. $450 sounds like a great price. I paid $599 for my linex in a 6.4 box

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I have a Line-X which I imagine is pretty similar to Rhino. I have had a pallet of blocks (1800lbs+) slid in with a fork lift and then pushed over the axle and all that weight and crap grinding under the pallet didn't do a thing. I tried a DIY bed liner in an older truck years ago and it went about a year before it started peeling up. Also scratched easier than I would have liked. Could have been poor prep on my part that caused the peeling, but I wouldn't recommend going that direction anyway.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've used Rhino Linings and Line-X. Both brands served me well. I like the Rhino a bit better due to the texture and non-slip characteristics. Both did well as far as UV ray damage and they hold up to wet/cold weather just fine.

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I used Bullet Liner. It held up well for me on my last truck an is doing good on the current truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used Bullet Liner. It held up well for me on my last truck an is doing good on the current truck.

I agree I had and have bullet liner in mine and love it, they hold up great and they stand behind their products.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the softer Rhino Liner TuffGrip in the bed of my truck. It’s thick and really provides protection. It’s also easy on the hands and knees if your crawling in the back.

I’ve had Line X before and it worked good too. I just didn’t want to drive 2 hours to get it sprayed in.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lot of liners are soft to some point.

Look up Monstaliner. That stuf goes on and cures hard. I used it as exterior paint on my Cherokee. I would demonstrate it by jabbing my knife into to it. No chips or damage.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Which ever is closest and can get you in. Here locally the cost is about the same for Line-X and Rhino Lining. The products are virtually the same. They say Rhino is softer, but I don't know. I went with Rhino simply because they could get me in right away. The Line-X place was a 2 week wait. My buddy across the street has Line-X and I can't tell the difference. The cost is low enough for both that it really wouldn't make sense to go with some off-brand or knock-off product just to save a few $$$.

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6

I used Bullet Liner as well. It is doing fine.
My understanding ( I was told ) that the originator of Line-X began Bullet Liner.
They are very similar but one goes on hot and one goes on cool. I am not sure which way it swings. Anyway, bullet liner was close and applied by someone who has a great reputation after years of applying Line-X so I went with them. Cost was $500.00 for my 5'7" box.
So far I am pleased.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Bedrug mat is easy on the knees. I had a Bedrug in my last truck and loved it. Currently I have a rubber mat over the spray in bed liner, which helps things from sliding around, and easier on the knees.

OP
OP
D

Darron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins diesel
I didn't like the gritty, almost sharp texture on the Rhino Lining that I felt. Seemed like it could take your skin off if you fell against it.

Current prices in Chico, CA for short bed application are:
Rhino Lining: $450
Line-X: $500

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
The Bedrug mat is easy on the knees. I had a Bedrug in my last truck and loved it. Currently I have a rubber mat over the spray in bed liner, which helps things from sliding around, and easier on the knees.
I have owned Bedrugs in the past and they are fantastic except for the price. I scored a Husky Liner “Bedrug” which was of the same quality but also covered the tailgate gap. Below is a link but I purchased mine from Amazon for $103!! They are currently out but this was a steal of a price if they offer it again.

https://www.huskyliners.com/UltraFiber-Bed-Mats/2020/ram/1500

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That link quotes $439.

I have a bedrug...it aint that great. Its packing foam with carpet fused to it.
As soon as you put your knee into it compresses and becomes thin. It punctures easily, so if you throw a bunch of hard stuff in your bed it will get messed up. When it rains it takes hours to dry in tucson heat. I bought it because my plastic liner hurts the knees and sucks for camping.

Don't get me wrong, its nice and comfortable. It just isn't as great as people make it. I have been meaning to make a video to show the similarities of packing foam from my work and how i made my own tailgate bedmat.

Last edited:

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yes, the price now is $439...no way would I have paid that much for it but at $103 it was a few. Plus, they are much, much easier on old knees than a sprayed in liner when moving around in the bed of the truck.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I could have grabbed one one when it was 103

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
That link quotes $439.

I have a bedrug...it aint that great. Its packing foam with carpet fused to it.
As soon as you put your knee into it compresses and becomes thin. It punctures easily, so if you throw a bunch of hard stuff in your bed it will get messed up. When it rains it takes hours to dry in tucson heat. I bought it because my plastic liner hurts the knees and sucks for camping.

Don't get me wrong, its nice and comfortable. It just isn't as great as people make it. I have been meaning to make a video to show the similarities of packing foam from my work and how i made my own tailgate bedmat.

I was always sceptical of using a bedrug, and thought it was stupid idea. I got this ram, and just happened across the universal bedrug roll on amazon for $120 cdn. I got it, rolled out out cut to shape, had enough left to do tailgate too.

I love it, no idea what you mean by it squishing thin, or taking forever to dry.
I'm 300+ lbs, and my knees don't crush it thin, only a bit but it's still soft. It's closed cell foam, it doesn't absorb water, the carpet covering will get a bit wet, but about 30 min on the sun or a light breeze and it's bone dry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Line-X Premium. It is shiny and doesn't fade like the others. Call around to your local dealers, many runs discounts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963