Best Thing To Clean Weathertech Liners???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Been pondering about this for a while. The weathertech mats are great. But after a while, they lose that nice clean black look.

I even got some old foaming type cleaner i had in the garage, and used a round brush on my drill to get deep in there (giggity). but once dried, still didnt have that nice black look.

Does anyone have any suggestions to something i can pick up at the auto parts store for this? i dont want the mats super greasy or anything. Just want them back in black!!!

rod from md

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
same issue here, and same results. for some reason, i was brought back to my dirt biking days and remembered i would use a heat gun to warm up creased fenders and that would put them back in shape and fade out the white line from the crease...im gonna try that on one this weekeend and see it heating up will restore a little gloss

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
same issue here, and same results. for some reason, i was brought back to my dirt biking days and remembered i would use a heat gun to warm up creased fenders and that would put them back in shape and fade out the white line from the crease...im gonna try that on one this weekeend and see it heating up will restore a little gloss

Let me know!!!

I am thinking of going with some mother back to black. but again, i dont want it to be greasy, and i feel like that stuff will be just that.

rod from md

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ive used pledge on them after cleaning, but that doesnt seem to last very long and , as such, isnt a slippery mess for long

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I have used degreaser that has worked well and last time I used Armor All tire shine. Worked well and looked new but were very slippery...lol

rod from md

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so the idea intrigued me enough to go out and try the heat gun idea...the result was not at all what i expected...did nothing to the worn areas but made the shinier glossier areas more matte, so the end result was a uniform finish.. i may try to spend a little more time on them again, but the outcome was interesting, and maybe not all bad

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have always used simple green to clean them and they look ok.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I normally clean the mats and then use tire foam, after a few mins, I wipe the excess off, not greasy/slick.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Dammit. i just went down to detail garage in Houston this weekend too. I had no idea Chemical guys made a product specific for this task. LOL!

Ha!

I was going to say, try 303 All Surface Cleaner as well. Can typically find it at your local auto parts store.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Here my concoction. Seems to be working pretty well. Will see how long it lasts.

Next time I will def try the tire shine trick.

But for now. This seemed to work well. Started off with the carprt/mat cleaner. Nice and foamy. Let it sit for a few minutes. Then hit it with the brush on the drill. The. Rinsed off with the hose.

Then I hit it will the armor all stuff. Let it sit. Hit it with the brush on the drill.

Finally just wiped the rest dry with a microfiber towel.446e958166cea61684a72e2ddd59c62f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DURASPANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cleaned mine with purple power and comet. Then painted them with Spar Var semi flat black.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Weathertech makes some stuff, a cleaner and a protectant for their mats if you wanna buy it at about $30.00. Any protectant I've tried, and i've tried a bunch always ends up making the mat slick and boy does that **** the "boss" off when her feet slip on the mat when she tries to get into the truck!!!!! Now I just wipe them off so they are clean and I don't worry about the "faded" look.
Jay

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Weatherteck mats are "gray" and they seem harder to keep clean. I usually use Purple Power or Simple Green. They come out okay, but not like new. I would never use anything "slippery" like Armor All on them at all. In fact I'm not a fan of Armor All, but that just me. I'm thinking of getting another set of the Mopar carpet ones for the summer, and just use the Weathertech for the winter.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
147443992_10159307012758552_7261536123900743893_n.jpg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think any tire dressing would make them black again including 303 but I think they all make the mat slick???????????? Somebody buy that Weathertech stuff and let us know how it works----LOL
Jay

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
All these cleaners people are suggesting isn't going to accomplish what you are looking for. It's not that they are dirty its the plastic/rubber starts to lose the oils that are in it over time much like plastic trim on your vehicle and will take on a duller look.
Not much you can do to bring it back. You can temporarily get it back with armour all type products but those are going to probably be a little slick and attract dirt.

The heat gun trick works good on hard lastic trim (it's bringing the oils back to the surface) but not sure it will work on these plastic/rubber blend mats?